Crewe Hall
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
2,354 results
All reviewsafternoon teaq hotelsmodern wingtower suitewest wingspa breakmain hallfeature roomstately homecrew hallsheridan loungenewer partbeautiful buildingnew sectionoriginal buildingfour poster bedbrasserie restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stayed here for one night on business and chose it, mainly due to its proximity to the M6. It makes for a great impression you as you approach up the drive
The staff were very friendly, even when I checked in at 9.15pm. They gave me a very nice room in the old wing - four poster bed that was extremely comfortable, separate sitting area. Huge desk, a room definitely with old charm!
The only let down was the bathroom. At first I thought wow, look at the size of the bath and I ran one immediately and relaxed. However, on closer inspection the bathroom could be improved - very old, threadbare, grey towels (definitely not in keeping with the standard of the hotel), the bathroom floor tiles were high gloss and were streaked and looked like they had been cleaned with dirty water, mould on the towel grouting and most unfortunately hairs, that didn't belong to me in the shower!
If they sorted out the bathroom cleaning, then this would be a 5* hotel rating
Breakfast was good. Check out quick and efficient
Did think rate was rather steep, but I booked Crewe Hall for its convenience

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
CreweHallOps, Manager at Crewe Hall, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear lisasplaces,
Thank you for writing your review.
Whilst pleased that you were impressed with Crewe Hall, I am sorry that the bathroom cleanliness was not upto our usual high standard. All rooms are inspected daily by our housekeeping team to ensure the quality of cleaning from our room attendants exceeds our guests expectations. I would be very grateful if you could contact me directly at the hotel and advise me what date and which room you stayed in so that we can address this issue directly with our team. I do hope this issue will not deter you from visiting Crewe Hall in the future.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Had an overnight stay with spa break for two, over valentines. The feature rooms in the main building were lovely, with a great view. Food and service in the restaurant was excellent and the food was fairly priced. Great pool & spa area as well, although a bit crowded . Over all though, we had a really relaxing and memorable stay. Look forward to going again.

Room Tip: Go for the feature king rooms, they are worth the supplement.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear spyker2k7,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I'm really pleased that you enjoyed your Valentine's getaway at Crewe Hall and that you enjoyed using all our facilities. Crewe Hall is a very popular destination and our leisure club and facilities can get very busy on occasions, especially during school holidays and half terms. I do hope that on your next visit you get to enjoy the facilities that eluded you on this occasion.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We had the day spa with facial and full body massage. The facial was relaxing and the products smelt divine but the full body massage was disappointing. My feet barely got a look in and the rest of my body lightly whisked over.
The lunch was poor. Not much selection and barely warm. The champagne was excellent and the bread and butter pudding was highlight.
The changing rooms are too small and the toilet not clean.
A whole day is too much as the facilities are limited. The grounds it is in set are stunning though.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ClaireNicosia
CreweHallOps, Manager at Crewe Hall, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Dear ClaireNicosia,
Thank you for reviewing Crewe Hall Spa following your recent spa day.
I am really sorry that you were disappointed with the full body massage and your feedback has been shared with our spa manager who continually monitors guest feedback and the quality of our spa therapists work. I am also sorry that you found our lunch offering to be poor - dependant upon business levels we will always endeavour to operate a hot and cold buffet giving our spa guests ample choice of freshly cooked and regularly replenished food - I'm sorry if this was not the case on this occasion.
I do hope that you would consider using Q Hotels in the future for similar day spa packages.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Four of us girlies went for a spa break recently to celebrate my friends birthday. We arrived on Sunday at about 3pm, booked into the very modern & comfortable new building, dropped our cases in our double rooms then went to the pool. Decent sized pool with a jaccuzi, steam room and sauna and we were soon relaxed. We had a very good evening meal (which was included in the price) and then went to look round the old Hall. When we had booked in earlier a very nice member of staff,Hywel, had offered to show us round the state rooms after dinner and he kept his word, telling us lots of history that we wouldn't have known even with the printed history that was also presented to us. Its a fabulous building, restored faithfully by the Q group and well worth looking round. (or staying in for a small upgrade)
The following morning after a full English breakfast (lots of choice of other breakfasts on offer) we had a walk round the grounds before our spa treatments. The treatments were very relaxing and tailored to our needs and we spent some time in the lounge room afterwards before going into the restuarant for lunch. Lunch, also included, was a buffet of hot choices or various salads, far more and nicer than the sandwich we've had at other spa's.
Possibly the best spa break we've had, and we've been to two a year for about six years, this will be the first one we will return to. Great location and friendly staff, great value, great experience and a good time was had by all. What more could you ask for?

Room Tip: Rooms in the new part are modern with big bathrooms with bath & a separate shower. In the old building the rooms are old fashioned luxury, many with roll top bath and some with four poster beds.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Dear WirralBeaniebabe,
Thank you for reviewing Crewe Hall for a second time.
We are always delighted when guests return to Crewe Hall as this indicates that we are achieving our goal of great customer care. I'm really pleased to read your detailed comments covering all elements of your stay and your feedback will be shared with the team in due course. I very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Operations manager

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed for 1 night on business, room had twin beds joined to make a huge double - very comfortable! Room was large, very clean and beautifully decorated with a massive bathroom, walk in shower and roll top bath. Overall the accommodation was excellent. The food was a little disappointing as lunch was a bit disjointed and if you don't like chinese or wanted something warm then you were a bit stuck. Evening meal was better. Service very good and a nice selection at breakfast.
Used the pool which is a reasonable size and very clean, large sauna, showers could be better.
Would like to revisit on leisure

Room Tip: My room was in the old part of the building whereas some colleagues were in the new part where I think the rooms are a bit more standard.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
CreweHallOps, Manager at Crewe Hall, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear EstelleRob43,
Thank you for taking the time to review Crewe Hall. I'm really pleased that you enjoyed staying in the Old Hall for your recent business trip. I am sorry that the lunch on offer was not to your satisfaction and your feedback has been shared with our Head Chef. On a more positive note I am glad that you found both dinner and breakfast to be good. I do hope we do get the opportunity to welcome you back to Crewe Hall soon.