“Stunning hotel best hotel experience to date winter warmer package”
Review of Crewe Hall

Crewe Hall
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Crewe
cheshire england
“Stunning hotel best hotel experience to date winter warmer package”
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

We visited the crew hall and spa on the 22nd of jan 2013 we did a spa break for 3 of us myself mum and my sister we had 3 spa treatments each and including was a 2 course lunch 3 course dinner and breakfast it was £109.00 per person and it was fantastic value the staff where exceptional and so helpful the spa was lovely I had a relaxation body massage and India head massage and a facial they where all fanatic and was in the treatment rooms for 1 an a half hours the only down side was there was 3 of us and only 2 members in the spa so I had to wait for my mum and sister then they had to wait for me but we went into the pool and sauna and steam room to keep us busy, It was a little strange that there was a swimming class going on and the pool was sectioned off for it but I have children and didnt really mind them but I think other quest would not have liked this, also the rooms where clean spacious and beds very comfy the only thing I would say is to take a little coffee and milk jiggers or coffee mate as there was only enough to make one coffee or tea each, all the good we had was fantastic the restaurant staff were exceptional I would recommend this hotel to anyone I really want to go back maybe for after my wedding with my husband ;)

• Stayed January 2013
CreweHallOps, Manager at Crewe Hall, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Dear Dadndy13,
Thank you for your kind review on TripAdvisor.
I'm really pleased that you all had a great stay at Crewe Hall and enjoyed being pampered. Our team strive to ensure that all our guests are treated individually and given excellent customer care and it is always pleasing to read positive comments about the team. I wish you well with your wedding plans and very much hope we do have the opportunity in welcoming you back to Crewe Hall soon.
Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (458)
  • Polish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I am sorry I am a little late writing this, perhaps it is my subconcious telling me not to let the world know what a fantastic place this is!
Our family of eight had christmas lunch here and stayed christmas night with breakfast on boxing day. Most of the hotels we looked at did 2 or 3 night christmas breaks so we couldnt believe our luck when we come across the Crewe Hall, just a short drive from home and willing to accommodate us for one night only.
From the minute we arrived we were speechless! We were delighted that we had stumbled across somewhere so perfect for christmas. We entered into reception and were immediatly greeted by friendly, polite staff. There was a roaring log fire and even though it was only 12.30 our rooms where ready.
We stayed in the old part of the building and the only word I can use to sum up the room would be magnificant. It retained its old world charm and features while being clean and modern. It was huge with a separate sitting area overlooking the gorgeous grounds.
Lunch began with a champagne reception followed by a delicious 5 course dinner. The room and tables looked fab and father christmas even put in an appearance. The food was gorgeous and all the staff pleasant and friendly. I honestly dont know how the hotel manages to keep up such high standards with so many people to cater for, because I know that there was another room with diners in it too.
I couldnt even begin to describe what the actual hotel is like, you would need to go and see for yourselves, lets just say I have never been in a hotel like it!
There is a modern leisure centre with large swimming pool and spa.
Breakfast the next morning was just as good as everything else.
The reception staff were so friendly and helpful, even allowing us to check out late the following day with no fuss or drama.
I want to say a big thank you to all the management and staff for making our family christmas so special.
We are so glad we have found a gem of a hotel close by that we can visit throughout the year and definitly at christmas.

Room Tip: The old building have better rooms, but a little more expensive. The rooms in the new part arestill...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank libby1958
CreweHallOps, Manager at Crewe Hall, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Dear libby1958,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of Crewe Hall. What more can I say other than how pleased I am that your chose Crewe Hall for your family christmas celebrations and that you thoroughly enjoyed yourselves. We are very proud of the historic building that we operate and always ensure it is presented in the best possible way for all our guests. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 5, 2013

From the moment we arrived at Crewe Hall nothing was too much trouble for staff.
We arrived early as we had afternoon tea booked. The wonderful lady at reception booked us in and informed us we had been upgraded to a suite and would come and find us when the room was ready. We had a lovely afternoon tea and the attention to detail is second to none.

The receptionist arrived just as we had finished our afternoon tea and gave us the room key. We stayed in room 3108 and all I can say is stunning, what a lovely room from the pillow spray right up to the four poster bed. The feather pillows and duvet were total luxury and gave a wonderful night sleep.

We ate both nights in the restaurant, the first evening I had fillet steak which was nice not great but nice the second night I had the gammon which was stunning. The breakfast was lovely both mornings, on the Monday it was cooked to order as there was only us in the restaurant but it was lovely to have a freshly made breakfast.

Once again I can not praise the staff enough, nothing is too much trouble, even the hardworking cleaning staff turn off any hovers as you pass so not to disturb you.

This break was offered after a disastrous stay in Tankersley manor, another Q Hotel. What a difference Crewe Hall is, they are worlds apart and hard to believe they are owned by the same chain. This is not my first trip to Crewe Hall and it certainly will not be my last.

I can not wait to return in the summer and can not recommend it enough.

The only criticism would be we could not get the movie channel to work and were unable to listen to the radio as it was distorted and we were charged for a tip we had not given however this was rectified straight away at reception on check out.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
CreweHallOps, Manager at Crewe Hall, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Dear nikki530,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I'm really pleased that we have had the opportunity to restore your faith in Q Hotels and that you thoroughly enjoyed your weekend break at Crewe Hall. I very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Crewe, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Living in the local area, Crewe hall is the perfect destination for a local treat or well worth traveling to. The large grand lounge where tea is served is comfortable, allowing you to relax and enjoy your surroundings as well as the food. The staff were very attentive looking after our every need, offering a plentiful and varied supply of tea or coffee. The food was scrumptious. I would definitely return and recommend to anyone looking for an afternoon treat

• Stayed January 2013
CreweHallOps, Manager at Crewe Hall, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear bevbeachbum,
Thank you for writing your review following your Afternoon Tea experience at Crewe Hall. We are very proud of our Afternoon tea offering and have been voted 8th best within the UK for this. Our Sheridan lounge is a wonderful environment for such an indulgence and I very much hope you will have the opportunity to return soon.
United Kingdom
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

The classical Jacobean frontage and highly ornate reception area really impressed this cynical British reviewer, so I would imagine that guests coming from overseas would be totally bowled over by their first impressions of Crewe Hall.
The original parts of the building really are impressive, but are slightly at odds with the bright, modernist styles of the rest of the building that was formerly a Corporate Headquarters.
The rooms are extremely well appointed (mine even had US and European plug sockets) with superb wifi coverage throughout the hotel. Housekeeping is exemplary with no stains nor fluff lurking in corners and not a smear or smudge on any mirror or window.
The only disappointment for me was the food in the restaurant: although perfectly adequate and well presented, everything I had was very bland and tasteless. No sign of any flair, very little use of spices and condiments and one or two utterly pointless additions to dishes.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
CreweHallOps, Manager at Crewe Hall, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear strudwick,
Thank you for taking the time to review Crewe Hall. Whilst pleased that you enjoyed your stay overall I am sorry that our food failed to impress you on this occasion. We are in the process of reviewing our Brasserie menu and hope to launch our new offering in March. Your feedback has been duly noted and will be shared with our Head Chef in due course.
I do look forward to welcoming you back to Crewe Hall soon.
Congleton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 31, 2013

My Wife & I stayed for 1 night, to attend a Ball there. What great stay we had. It was a wonderful weekend, from start to finish. Good service by friendly helpful staff. The hotel is a mixture of original building & modern buildings. The decor of the old is breath taking. Our room was in the modern building, which was very spacious & well equipped

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
CreweHallOps, Manager at Crewe Hall, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear ROBERT W,
Thank you for your review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Crewe Hall and that our team looked after you well. I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
stoke -on trent
Reviewed January 30, 2013

This beautiful hotel, brings historic features and modern design together.
Set in beautiful gardens, it has bedrooms that would easily fit in a film set, luxury all the way.
A modern restaurant selling a variety of food on the menu
Staff all so eager to please, they will even give you leaflet charting the history of the place

Room Tip: Ask forms room in the old part of the hall. Elegant, stylish, comfortable.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank keith a
CreweHallOps, Manager at Crewe Hall, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear keith a,
Thank you for reviewing Crewe Hall. The original building existed in 1086 with the current Jacobean Hall being constructed 400 years ago. we are very proud to be able to operate Crewe Hall as a hotel and take real joy in being able to inform our guests of its history.
I am really pleased you enjoyed your visit and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crewe
Mottram Hall
De Vere Cranage Estate
Rowton Hall Hotel
Rowton Hall Hotel
#5 of 44 in Chester

Been to Crewe Hall? Share your experiences!