“hot and noisy”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Crewe
Stonehaven, United Kingdom
“hot and noisy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

We stopped here on our way south for just one night. The room was clean and tidy as usual but we couldn't open the window because of the noise of the traffic [ which actually could be heard through the windows]. We couldn't set the air conditioning wouldn't go lower than 17degrees, which we find too hot for sleep, but in actual fact it didn't get lower than 25 all night, and no fans were available. The staff were lovely as usual but there is a limit to what they can offer if the amenities are not there. We didn't invoke our 'money back' guarantee - but perhaps we should have!

Room Tip: ask for one facing the car park - not the main road.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed here on our way up to Scotland and on our way home 2 weeks later. Check in was easy and both receptionists was very friendly and efficient
On our first visit we had Room 10 which is opposite the stairway and on the return stay we had been given Room 11. Having read some comments on here about the door to the stairs being noisy we asked to be moved to another room. Although full we were moved to Room 15. Siobhan the receptionist did this with efficiency and understanding.
We had booked Continental Breakfast which was taken at the Brewers Fayre next door. We found this to be easy and we were shown to a table and asked if we wanted porridge which we did the first time and it was both delicious and creamy. We were asked if we wanted anything to go on top and the waiter/manager went and got the honey I requested.
They have every different type of tea and coffee available and they have tea pots available. Yes you go and help yourself from the selection but you can then have as much or as little as you want. They have a good selection of yogurts available as well. All in all the breakfast was very good.
The Crewe Central Premiere Inn is in a good location - we walked into the main center which is just over a mile away although there are a good selection of restaurants which are nearer than that. However, we found the Brewers Fayre to be a good place for an evening meal which we had on the way up (see other entry)
It is clean, a choice of pillows, good LCD tv and free wifi for the first 30 mins.
We would not hesitate to stay here again when travelling up north - just wish Premiere Inn did a loyalty card!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Crewe C, Manager at Premier Inn Crewe Central Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to personally thank you for your recent review on Crewe Central Premeir Inn.

I am pleased to hear that you stayed at Crewe Central Premier Inn on both occasions during your holiday. It is nice to see that you have given other guests/bookers an understanding of the area and what is around the hotel. - This is good as peoples perceptions can be different.

I will pass on your comments to Julie who is the General Manager of the Brocklebank Brewers Fayre but if you do have 5 minutes spare time I know that she would be greatful of your comments

I will pass on you comments to all the team here at Crewe Central Premier Inn, and we will look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

We travelled to Crewe as we were going on a long full day train trip from there with an early start, this was our first stay in a Premier Inn and we were very pleasantly surprised for a "no frills" hotel what extras were available including kettle, drinks amenities, soap, shower gel and a hair dryer, a very clean and comfortable room and excellent staff who even provided us with an alarm clock and personal wake up call. We will definitely be using the Premier Inn chain again.......

Room Tip: The room we had was on the first floor overlooking the car park, very quiet indeed. Also If you are...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Crewe C, Manager at Premier Inn Crewe Central Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Hello Rebecca,

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking your time to fill out a TripAdvisor review on Crewe Central Premier Inn.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments. I will be passing on your comments to all members of the team at Crewe Central as we all like to hear feedback from our guests.

I hope to look forward to welcoming you back to Crewe Central if you have any future train trips booked, if not I am sure that other Premier Inns will welcome you to their hotel like we did.

Take Care, Many Thanks
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

The hotel itself is ok although some minor issues. The brocklebank however is a total nightmare.
staff drunk and lairy and even had to clear my own plates away absolutely ridiculous.
i often stay in premier inns and use the joining restaurants and this one really has to be the worst one ever as well as being on the more expensive side.
never will i return to this place.

• Stayed August 2013
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Crewe Central Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Duham, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one night for a visit to nearby Oulton park, lovely big room, clean as always, friendly staff, pub on site was lovely, food very good and swift service despite being busy, ideal for a one night stay, would definitely stay here again next time we visit the area

• Stayed August 2013
Crewe C, Manager at Premier Inn Crewe Central Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Hello Frankie,

I would like to thank you very much for your recent review on Crewe Central Premier Inn.

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sure next year when there are other events on at Oulton Park we will hopefully welcome you back.

I will pass on all you comments to all members of our team, as we like to hear about our guests stay's.

Many Thanks

Amy - Reception Team Leader.
Bristol, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

It's important to distinguish between one off problems and what are obviously poor standards. There are too many reviews on Trip Advisor that are just disgruntled guests who just suffered a one off unfortunate event but because of it decide to mark down a perfectly good hotel. I was amazed to see that this Premier Inn has suffered from that type of thing because I found it be one of the better ones I have stayed at.

Being one of the newer builds, rooms come with air conditioning and as I write this the temperatures across the UK are all 25 - 30 degrees. Room and bathroom are the usual layouts and very clean to my eye. Bed as comfortable as ever.

As for location, right by the railway station is a bonus for anyone arriving that way but I would say the Crewe City Centre is probably at least 20 minutes away by foot. The football ground is less than 10 minutes on foot.

My only criticism and it is a matter of taste is the Brewers Fayre pub when it comes to an evening meal - of all the different pub chains one can find on a Premier Inn site, it's my least favourite due to the limited nature of the menu and its over reliance on processed foods, chips and the grill. Ironically, this then makes the cooked breakfast an absolute gem! You can't have it all.

If I was returning to Crewe this would be my first choice for somewhere to stay. Although I did not try them, there are quite a few Indian restaurants by the station - and quite few pubs as well - so my recommendation is to eat up there of an evening and fill up on the breakfast of a morning

Room Tip: It's a small hotel so room choice is limited. There will probably be more traffic noise in some...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Crewe C, Manager at Premier Inn Crewe Central Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to hear that you had a good stay with us and that you class us as one of the better ones. We are a new build with all the new aminities i.e. air conditioning, flat screen tv's..

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

I will be returning to this Premier Inn for a stay in September, we stayed here last year too. The hotel is immaculately clean, all the staff that we spoke to were polite, and extremely helpful, as were the staff that worked in the restaurant. The food was very nice and nothing was too much trouble. We were quite a large party, 9 of us, they put us all on the same corridor together. I am confident that our experience this time will be just as good.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hello Crystal,

I would like to thank you for your time in completing a review on Crewe Central Premier Inn, where you recently stayed.

I am very pleased to hear that you had a pleasent stay and had great service. I will pass on your comments to the reception team, and housekeeping team as they all like to hear what our guests have to stay about their stay and how their work impacts guests.

I will also pass on your comments about the Brocklebank Brewers Fayre to Julie - the General Manager who will also be greatful if you have a moment to spare to write a review on their tripadvisor page, about your visit.

The team and myself look forward to seeing you again in September :)

Take care, and we will see you soon.