“Small and cheap”

Premier Inn Crewe Central Hotel
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Crewe
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I stayed at the premier inn at weekend. In comparison to other Premier Inn's this looked small and doesn't appear to have had the same amount spent on it as others have.
Having said that, the room was a good size and clean and the bed comfortable, as always in Premier Inn's.
Downside was the room was very hot and neither myself or a guest in another room could get our air con to work.
Tip - if there is a sign on reception saying the staff are away with another customer, try the pub across the car park, they have probably gone across there for a brew.
In all, perfectly adequate stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Crewe C, Manager at Premier Inn Crewe Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking your time to write a review on Crewe Central Premier Inn.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with ourselves and hope to welcome you back in the future to Premier Inn.I will pass on your comments to all the team members as I know great feedback goes along way.

I do apologise that you were unable to work the air conditioning, there is a step by step guide provided in all bedrooms which states how to operate. The hotel and restaurant are a join company, so we all like to work together to ensure all of our guests get great service, so I do apologise if you tried to contact reception and the sign was up due to it being unmanned.

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Crewe Central Hotel

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I was very pleased with my stay in room 19. The only negative to speak of was the smell of cigarette smoke in the bathroom from a previous occupant. Maybe smoke alarms could be fitted in bathrooms to stop smokers smoking inside? The staff were very helpful and friendly in both the hotel and the adjacent pub. The food in the pub was cheap and cheerful and the breakfast was excellent and cooked to order. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Crewe C, Manager at Premier Inn Crewe Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Dear Sara,

I will pass on your comments to all the team members as I know great feedback goes along way. I will speak to the Headhousekeeper about the issue of the bathroom smelling of smoke, to which I apologise for.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

My wife and I, along with our 9 year old daughter stayed here on new year's eve as we were in the area to visit family a couple of miles from this hotel. Cannot fault the service. The lady on reception was friendly and helpful, and the room was the usual comfortable Premier Inn standard. We went into the Brewers Fayre nextdoor for breakfast the following morning. Have to say this was a bit below par compared to other Premier Inn adjacent pubs we have had breakfast in. It was probably due to the fact it was new years day morning as there was a big staff shortage resulting in a frustrating lack of cutlery, cups, milk and juice etc ( not to mention a rock hard croissant that my daughter picked up !!!! )

Room Tip: Royal Mail sorting office is behind the hotel so on a working day you might hear it in operation.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Crewe C, Manager at Premier Inn Crewe Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

I will pass on your comments to all the Reception team member that checked you in as I know great feedback goes along way. I am also pleased to hear that you had a nice stay over New Year.

I am sorry to hear that the breakfast was dissapointing and will pass on your comments to the General Manager - Julie. I hope that this service didnt put you off staying with Premier Inn's and I hope to welcome you back when you visit family.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

We booked in for 1 night while visiting relatives. Room lovely and clean and a decent bed & pillows. Staff very friendly and helpful and very welcoming on arrival would definitely recommend and use again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

This is a very small place, 20 rooms on two floors, no lift but ground floor rooms for disabled. Got to hotel quite late but the receptionist was lovely, she was really happy and friendly and helped me to carry my bags up to the room. Room was clean and comfy as usual for a Premier Inn. In the morning the lad on reception again was very friendly and helpful, assisting me in getting a taxi to work. This place is just around the corner from Crewe Rail Station but I don't think its all that convenient for the Town Centre. I didn't have the breakfast but this was in the pub adjacent to the hotel. I booked in advance online and paid £29. I am very happy with my stay and would recommend.

• Stayed: December 2012
Crewe C, Manager at Premier Inn Crewe Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Dear Guest,

I will pass on your comments to all the Reception team members that checked you in as I know great feedback goes along way. I am also pleased to hear that you have taken up the offers that Premier Inn offers to their guests.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Spent the night here whist on our way to our narrowboat nearby, excellent staff and very good food, stayed on the Friday night and had the fish and chip all you can eat buffet which was excellent, the full breakfast the next morning was also excellent as were all the staff, very welcomming will use again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Steve,

I would like to thank you for writting a review on Crewe Central Premier Inn.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with ourselves and hope to welcome you back in the future. I will pass on your comments to all the Reception, Housekeeping teams, which I know they will be greatful of. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the Fish and Chip buffett in the Brewers Fayre, so I will pass on your feedback to the General Manager - Julie

Reviewed December 15, 2012

This premier inn was ideally situated for the football at Crewe, but if you are in a wheelchair then Crewe is extremely bad because of it's lack of dropped kerbs.
On a more positive note the restaurant provided a wide choice of traditional dishes.The two meals we had were well presented and good value for money.
The staff in both sites were friendly, efficient and welcoming.
It is in a very quiet location and we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Pete,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with ourselves while you came to support you football team who were playing Crewe. I hope to welcome you back in the future when your out supporting your football team, or on holiday with family. I will pass on your comments to all the Reception, Housekeeping and Restaurant teams, which I know they will be greatful of.

We look forward in welcoming you all back in the future.