“Not quite a 5 but a very good 4!”
Review of Giovannis

Giovannis
Ranked #6 of 193 Restaurants in Crewe
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Good quality food, great service and the home made cherry ice cream was worth the visit alone!

Called in whilst staying in a local area and glad we did. We had no reservation but were made to feel very welcome and the service was very attentive. Three excellent courses, drinks and coffees and just a touch over £50, so quite happy with the VFM.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Me and my family went for a last minute trip to giovannis and they were more than happy to fit us in despite it being a busy night. We weren't rushed and the service was very professional but friendly.
It has a very relaxed and happy ambience and is very family friendly but is also perfect for couples or groups of friends.
The quality of food is outstanding and does not reflect the prices as I would be willing to pay much more.
We had a couple of bottles of the house red and it was of a really good standard.
I had the special dessert which was gingerbread and it was amazing.
The staff were very attentive but not overbearing.
Overall everything about giovannis is a 10/10. We will definitely be returning next time we are in the area. Thank you for a great night!

1  Thank Denisemilgate66
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Visited with friends and our kids. Went on sunday as kids eat free! Superb food, lovely atmosphere and the staff couldn't do enough for us. Going again this weekend.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Popped in here on Friday for lunch with my sister. Good lunchtime menu. Included a drink. Pleasant relaxed atmosphere and staff very helpful. There was no rush. Will do this again at lunchtime!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

So, we read the reviews on here and thought we'd give Giovannis a try. On arrival we were told our table wasn't ready, there were approx 5 tables being used at that point and 3 members of staff chatting and drinking at the bar! We were taken to our table, which was pleasant enough, the tables in the restaurant seemed well spaced and when other tables filled up we didn't felt crowded. We made our selections (from the grubby menus), the starters were brought to us in good time, the mushrooms were nice enough but nothing special (as they're described). Or mains came out with the tear & share bread we ordered. Lets keep this simple... I make better meatballs! But the main complaint was the pasta, the (meatball) spaghetti was over cooked, I had the chicken ravioli, which was very rubbery and the chicken inside was very dry as if it had been sat for a while before service. On being offered Parmesan we were told it was the powder type bought at the supermarket, so much for authentic! At no point did anyone do a checkback, although there were often 3 staff milling about. I expressed my concern about the ravioli to the server when they took the plates away, a light apology was received and that the chef would be told.
Due to the disappointment of the mains we decided not to bother with dessert or coffee, opting to get something from the supermarket!
To be honest this was one of the worst meals out I've ever had, I was brought up on authentic Italian food and this was far from it!