“Great prices,great food”
Review of Giovannis

Giovannis
Ranked #8 of 193 Restaurants in Crewe
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We've been coming to Giovanni's for about 15 years.under new management it continues to have the same high standard of tasty food/great service and very resonable prices.
we have never had a bad meal.the staff are friendly and helpfull.good range of reasonably priced wines/beers.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

A really good value eatery with reasonably priced wine and food of a fair quality.
Never a restaurant seeking Michelin star status, but really excellent value.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Popped in early on Saturday night for a pre-gig meal. Excellent service, tasty main course (home made canneloni) and really nice deserts. Well worth the £20 each with alcohol and a bowl of olives to start. Highly recommend if in the area.

Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Lunch with friends at what appears to be a traditional Italian cafe. The menu & food is of a high standard & the place is (well-behaved) child friendly. Good for both social & work occasions with large portions of good, home-cooked Italian food & wine.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

After a day's course in Manchester I had some time to kill before my sleeper train back home to Scotland. I'd booked this from Crewe and decided I'd rather spend some time having a good meal in nice surroundings rather than freezing on bleak Crewe Station for three hours on a very cold November evening. Giovanni's is but a 2-minute walk from Crewe Station. And I do like Italian.

I'd booked ahead, but as it was a Sunday evening, it was quiet - I think four other tables were occupied when I arrived at 8.30pm.

The restaurant is cosy, intimately lit and decorated. It felt warm and friendly.

The menu is, as you'd expect, very Italian with the emphasis on Pizza and Pasta.

I had an excellent and generously-sized paté starter with toasted ciabatta and onion marmalade. This was followed by their Spagehtti Marinara, with haddock, salmon, prawns, mussels and anchovies, all served in a white wine and caper sauce. This was cooked and served to perfection, delicious and satisfying with generous helpings of fish.

My dessert was very much a highlight too - cherry ice cream, with whipped cream and Amaretti biscuits.

Somehow this restaurant manages to present very generous portions - especially the ice cream! - but not so much that you take fright at the sight of it.

I didn't leave anything behind!

A really enjoyable meal, coming in well under £30 with a glass of Italian rosé wine, pre-meal drink and coffee. Very good value for money indeed.

The service was attentive but not intrusive, and timed to perfection.

A definite highlight of my day and set me up for an hour in the anti-climactic company of Crewe station.

So if you're looking for a decent Italian restaurant and have time to kill while waiting for a train, I can definitely recommend Giovanni's. Other reviews suggest it gets busy at times, and I can understand why.

I will have no hesitation in going there again next time I get the sleeper north from Crewe.