“Great budget hotel.”

Ibis Styles Crewe
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Crewe
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Two grandchildren and myself stayed here with National Holidays whilst visiting Alton Towers. The staff were very helpful and went out of their way to ensure we were comfortable.
Breakfast was excellent and room was roomy. Ask for a room on the top floor. It will be quiter.

Only problem was with National Holiday. The hotel was too far away from Alton Towers and took over an hour to get there at the end of a busy day. Don t book Alton Towers trip if it is a select hotel....

Room Tip: Upstairs room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank caro c
DavidTucker1, General Manager at Ibis Styles Crewe, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Dear guest

I am extremely pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry that you found us to be a little too far away from Alton Towers.

There are newer reviews for Ibis Styles Crewe

Reviewed July 24, 2014

I stay here when i come back from uni to visit my friends from the area. There seems to always be a very polite young lady on reception, with an Australian/South African accent, big thumbs up to her, she is always polite, and always exceeds my expectations. I haven't eaten here on many occasions (normally just grab something from their speedy menu as I'm normally in a hurry to get out and see friends), but i assume the main menu is good as the Hub (the lounge and dining area) is always packed on a Saturday evening. The patio outside the back is lush in when its warm and sunny, peaceful despite the main road being just behind the pond. Bedrooms are always spotlessly clean, and i have no complaints in that respect. Linen beautifully laundered, nice thick white bath towels. Bathrooms very modern walk in shower/wet room, missing a bath, but who takes a bath these days anyway? The hotel can be quite warm during summer, but is this something that they can control? No of course not! If its warm outside, request a fan from the very friendly and welcoming receptionist, pretty certain they won't stock one for every bedroom though. All in all i always use this hotel, and sometimes get a crazily cheap rate if i book far enough in advance, oh and the hotel will price match any rate i find online (not sure about the previous reviewers comment)

Room Tip: Rooms on any floor to the right of the lift where there is only a couple rooms on every floor (means...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
DavidTucker1, General Manager at Ibis Styles Crewe, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for this fantastic feedback on the hotel. It is always very rewarding for us to see guests returning again and again. The friendly Receptionist you referred to is Michelle, I will pass your comments on to her. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Me & my partner stayed here during a heatwave, the rooms were warm but we still had a great nights sleep. The staff were all helpful but Nicole blew us away with her happy attitude & dedication to the job, she is a credit to the hotel & made our stay special

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

It is wonderful to read such complimentary feedback about a particular team member and to see that you enjoyed your stay so much. I have passed on your feedback to Nicole and the rest of the team. I hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

We stayed 1 night to break up the drive from the south of England to Edinburgh. The hotel was ideally located close to the motorway. Rooms and communal arrives all very clean. Not all staff displayed a happy positive demeanour. This was a last minute booking, which I found on a comparison site. Thought Id ring directly. On the comparison site it was £71 B&B. The hotel quoted £89 B&B! They would NOT honor the price so I ended up cancelling and booking online myself. Always check!!

• Stayed: July 2014
DavidTucker1, General Manager at Ibis Styles Crewe, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback which I found extremely useful. We have a price match guarantee policy at our hotel which ensures that we will match, or better any price on any website. I am extremely sorry that this was not adhered to on this occasion but you bringing this to my attention has alerted me to retrain my team and ensure that this does not happen in the future. I hope to see you again soon and once again my apologies that we did not match the websites rates on this occasion.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

My mum and I booked a national holidays break to Liverpool and Manchester and it wasn't until that day that we knew we were staying here. Check in was easy enough after filling in cards and menus. The reception area was very cool which was refreshing on such a hot, stuffy day. However we were on the 4th floor and it was like an oven. Our room was very modern with wooden floors and all the amenities and a fantastic bathroom/wet room. The beds were one single and one double and we even had a nice view over Crewe and a wildlife pond. We were eating at the hotel and were given 3 choices for starters, mains and desserts. The food was lovely and the service good. Reception even allowed us some extra tea bags and milk for the following morning. Breakfast was self service with a good choice of cereals, pastries, fruit and yoghurts and a hot breakfast. Tea, coffee and fruit juice were freely available. The only downfalls for me were the lack of air in the room (it was very hot though) and I couldn't connect to the free wifi, my phone didn't even pick up the signal. All in all it was ideal for a one night stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. If you stay with us again during hot weather please ensure you ask for a fan to be placed in your room and we will organise this for you. We currently have wired internet access in our guest rooms and WiFi in all public areas. WiFi will be installed in all of our guest rooms in the coming months so I do hope this is of benefit to you should you stay with us again.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Stayed here on Friday night, Friday being the hottest day of the year so far. Walked into reception and it was fantastically cool and air conditioned, lovely I thought. Checked in and headed for the lift came out on our floor and that's when we realised that the air con didn't go that far! We entered our room, the window had been left open but it was like stepping into a kiln and it did not improve, so no air con and not even as much as a fan.
I decided to cool off with a cool shower, trying to maintain a constant temperature in the shower turned out to be an impossible task as did keeping the bathroom floor dry, the bathrooms are done as wet rooms, however, there is no door on the shower just a half screen so unless you were very very careful you ended up soaking the entire bathroom floor.
The rooms do not have any carpet but are all laminate floors, this was fine until the lady (at least I assume it was a lady) in the room above got up bright and early and started walking back and forth across the room in heels so having finally got off to sleep, I was woken by the clip clopping of the heels at 5am. Getting to sleep was a struggle to start with as it was so hot but with the window open quite noisy as there is a busy road nearby plus with everybody else having their windows open you could hear their TV's.
Having said all that, we paid a mere £29 and it saved me having to drive the 130 mile drive from home and back in the same day!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
DavidTucker1, Manager at Ibis Styles Crewe, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your constructive feedback. I am pleased to see that you found us to be good value for money but was disappointed to read that you did not fully enjoy your stay with us. I have taken your comments on board and will be doing my best to address the issues you raised. Please be aware that if you stay with us again we do have fans available on request at reception.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

Super showers, great room. All of the floors were hardwoods.
No visible air conditioning.
Hotel had decent wifi
Rooms were clean and neat
We travelled as part of a larger group
The hotel was generally clean, and nicely maintained, and the staff was great.
We were served lasagna for dinner, and it pretty much lacked any real flavor. I found myself adding quite a bit of salt to make it edible.

Room Tip: All rooms were perfectly fine.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
DavidTucker1, General Manager at Ibis Styles Crewe, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with. I will pass your comments regarding food onto my Head Chef. I hope to see you again soon.