“Hotel alright, but poor value for money”
Review of Ibis Styles Crewe

Ibis Styles Crewe
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Crewe
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I stayed in the Ramada Encore for three nights in February.

In all honesty, I wasn't very impressed. The bed was uncomfortable and about a foot off the ground, there was no WiFi in the rooms and the television was tiny. There was internet available through an ethernet cable, but good luck plugging that into a mobile phone or tablet. Overall, I thought the room was adequate, but not particularly welcoming.

Yes, some of the negatives I picked up on are small things to pick up on, but when you're paying £64 a night (effectively £71 when breakfast was added on), you expect more than you get here. I travel on business fairly frequently and have found I get a lot more value for money than I did here; even in places like Manchester and Liverpool where you would expect hotels to be pricier. For me, this is a budget hotel at the price of a mid-market one.

The staff were very friendly, and the hotel was spotless. No complaints in either of those departments.

If I do end up back in Crewe, I'm afraid that I would seek elsewhere to stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
DavidTucker1, General Manager at Ibis Styles Crewe, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear Guest

I am sorry to hear that you found us to be poor value for money. We are currently looking into having WiFi installed throughout the hotel to accommodate for guests with mobiles and laptops. I hope you get chance to take advantage of this sometime soon.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Pretty standard fare for a business type of hotel. Nice welcome, warm hotel. Good bed and very clean. I always find Ramada Encore's a bit spartan. No carpet - laminate floors in the rooms only. Not overly welcoming - white walls, bare floors etc. But absolutely fine for a night or two. Breakfast was the usual self service and the food was fine. Happy to use these hotels again - you know exactly what you are getting before you arrive.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your will continue to use our hotels.

Many Thanks

Reviewed February 18, 2014

We stayed here prior to an event in Nantwich the following day and having booked through Laterooms, found we could have saved another £14 by booking direct! However, we felt the hotel was good value and offered decent facilities for the price.

Located half a mile from Crewe railway station, an easy walk and on the edge of the industrial area, it's well located however you travel. Car parking is plentiful and the hotel clean and modern.

The rooms are basic but clean although in our case the smallish standard double bed had a marked dip in the middle so not the best night's sleep. There was no noticeable noise from outside the hotel but guests from one of the two coach parties seemed oblivious to the needs of others and didn't modulate their door banging or raised voices. Not the hotel's fault, but the design didn't provide much insulation.

We didn't eat at the hotel but the menu seemed reasonably varied on a "pub and ping-cuisine" sort of theme, with prices that aren't out of the way.

We were quite happy with our experience and would use the brand again if similar deals were available.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please accept my apologies regarding the noise caused by other guests. If you do book with us again please ensure you book direct as we guarantee to match or beat the best price found on any website.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I stayed at this hotel in January and it was absolutely fine for one night. It is round the corner from my Crewe office so incredibly convenient.
I enjoyed a BLT and a pint in the restaurant, delicious and very reasonable. The self service breakfast was also cooked well and tasty.
In terms of the room, I stayed at an upmarket university for a conference recently and the ambiance reminded me very much of that. The decor and furnishings were very minimalist, the only problems were an abundance of wood which looks attractive but makes the room very echoey, I felt obliged to remove my shoes as soon as I got into the room to lessen the noise for my downstairs neighbours (pity the person upstairs wasnt so nice) and the bathroom, which again is functional, but in the middle of the night I walked into the glass partition between the loo and the shower.
I will definitely stay here again but if you are looking for frills, I would suggest you stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
DavidTucker1, General Manager at Ibis Styles Crewe, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your comments regarding our food, I am glad you enjoyed it. I am sorry that the decor and style of our bedrooms was not quite to your taste. I hope this does not deter you from staying with us in the future.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

The Ramada Encore is located in Crewe Business Park and just under a mile from the Railway Station and two miles from Crewe Town Centre. Check in was smooth, I didn't have my Wyndham Rewards Card to hand but returned later with my membership number where I was given a welcome pack containing a drink and snack.

The room was of reasonable size with comfortable bed, sofa bed, TV with about 15 channels and tea/coffee facilities. The bathroom was ok with powerful shower and pump action soap dispensers. There was wired internet in the room but no wifi but it was available in the Hub downstairs.

Although the hotel is fairly remote without a car, there is a frequent bus service from the outside of the hotel into the Town Centre, service 1 which was reliable and very convenient.

A welcoming hotel with friendly staff, I would stay again when in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank paullegate

Dear Guest

I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to passing your kind comments on to the team and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

great place, gorgeous room, bit out the way but worth it, only £25 a night for the two of us.
ordered room service which arrived quickly and hassle free, food was hot and of a good standard.
no problems with any staff, all were very pleasant and helpful.
very well equipped if you forget anything!
would visit again.

Room Tip: no problem with floors as it has a lift, hotel are pretty much prepared for anything you forget, foo...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
DavidTucker1, General Manager at Ibis Styles Crewe, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your excellent feedback. I am pleased to see that you took advantage of our fantastic weekend rates and enjoyed your stay with us. It is always very rewarding for my staff to read positive comments about them also so I will be sure to pass these on. I hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Arrived on Jan 2nd for a few days. Knowing Crewe and knowing the location was handy, as if you didn't know where the hotel is situated I can see how you'd be cross. once you got there. It's a long way from the town, or from anything else in truth. But for £29 a night for a couple, you have to be prepared to expect there to be something wrong, and I assumed that was it.

We arrived early, and were told a room was already ready. Excellent. Dropped our stuff off and did what we had to do.

Now, as mentioned, it's a decent distance away from the action, and realistically walking in winter isn't an option, but, there are bus routes and taxis are easily acquired.

So, what's good? Bathroom and bedding were clean and tidy. There is a bar on site, and unlike my stay at the Crewe Arms, there was hot water every day. And the price. Let's not forget about the price! I missed the inclusion of a bath, but such is life. I live in Holland, where baths are a luxury. It would've been nice, but I could live without it.

However, the one thing which really should be a given in a new hotel, and when you consider how long the Ramada has been there, it IS a new hotel, is WiFi, and there isn't any in the rooms. Wired internet access is available, but, that's not much use when you're only access point is a mobile phone. Especially when like me, you've travelled from another country and roaming data charges are the only other option. There is WiFi in the downstairs lounge, which is actually more irritating, as it feels like WiFi blackmail to come down to the bar.

But, I'm busy trying to find a hotel in Crewe again in a week or so's time, and the Ramada is the 1st place I looked for prices in, so, I guess that means I'm ok with the compromises, mostly because I know the location and am only ever in the room to sleep. If that's all you require too, then there is absolutely no reason to overlook it here.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your constructive feedback. I am pleased to see that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. We are currently looking into having WiFi installed throughout the hotel. I hope this is in place for you to use should you stay with us again.

David Tucker

Also consider these accommodations in or near Crewe
Travelodge Crewe Hotel
#3 of 9 in Crewe
Chimney House Hotel
Chimney House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Sandbach

Been to Ibis Styles Crewe? Share your experiences!