Ibis Styles Crewe
$172
$167
Hotels.com
Travelocity
All reviewswet roombusiness parkbudget hotelcontinental breakfastan industrial estatenational holidayswalk in showercoach tripmodern hotelcomfortable bedpowerful showerno air conditioninglounge areagood nights sleepshort staywould stay againfull english
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Spent a night here on a business trip and the hotel was OK overall. The room was clean and the bed very comfortable - although if you like a soft bed (I don't) then possible best avoided. The hotel was very busy but check in was quick and easy. The hotel was also nice and quiet with little background noise and no doors banging shut. Breakfast was Ok although it seemed to me that the small dishes for things like eggs meant that quite often they were empty and I had to wait around for my selection. That said, at least things were not sitting on a hot plate for ages so they were freshly cooked and served. Overall Ok and would stay there again when visiting the area on business.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
DavidTucker1, General Manager at Ibis Styles Crewe, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback. I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and would use the hotel again if returning to Crewe for business. I look forward to seeing you again.

Kind Regards
David Tucker

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Arrived on Friday afternoon to attend a Murder Mystery evening. Room was clean and functional for the star rating it had. The food served in the bar was of good quality and acceptable and thank you to Steve for his helpfulness. The issues I have with the hotel was the lack of staff in the evening for the function - serving a three-course meal meant that we were all eating at different times and waited some considerable time for the alternative to the pate and my soup was cold when it arrived. The actual food was good considering it was 'mass catering' but I was suprised that there were no jugs of iced water left on the table - which would have saved the staff a lot of time if there had been. Found it strange that you had to serve yourself regarding tea/coffee at the end of the meal - nobody told us. I was very annoyed that staff allowed someone on my table and one behind me to light up e-cigarettes considering the hotel has a strict no smoking policy, which also means that you have to battle your way through the smoke haze at the entrance of the hotel to get to reception - not very nice. Breakfast was crazy as there was only one member of staff who was trying to clear tables, refill the hot bufet breakfast and find clean cups and plates - felt like we had to eat in stages to fit in when they brought out hot food (there was another member of staff who took your name but did not seem to so much else when a queue starting forming). There is no excuse in a hotel that between 9.00am / 10.00am is generally the busiest time for breakfast considering the size of the event - around 70 people. It was also not very nice that housekeeping knocks on your door at 9.00am asking if you are ready to vacate the room - we, were at that time, showering and as you don't have to check-out until 11.00am thought this was a bit rude. I passed all these comments before I left on Saturday morning to a Deputy Hotel Mananger on reception who assured me the Hotel Manager would get back to me - Monday afternoon - no response so no wonder I am commenting on trip advisor as I did give you that chance to respond by leaving an e-mail for when I got to work this morning or yo could have called me. Not impressed by the lack of customer service.

Room Tip: It is just off the motorway and is fairly quiet whatever room you choose - just avoid above the bar area if you are not attending an event as it did get fairly loud during the evening.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jackie G

Dear Ms Gardner

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me regarding the issues that you experienced during your stay with us and allowing me to explain what happened and how we plan to resolve the problems in service that you encountered, Once again my sincerest apologies and thank you for your very constructive feedback.

Kind Regards
David Tucker

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Had a family occasion in Crewe and the Ramada Encore was doing a "special" £29 for a double room.
Booked 2 of them!! though the second night was at normal price.
Staff extremely helpful when I phoned them and everything was as we asked.
Rooms spacious enough for a 1/2 night stay.
Beds a little hard but comfortable enough.
Very very quiet as it's on an industrial estate so now rowdy pub crowds
Rooms in need of redecorating as paint peeling on the bathroom doors made an otherwise smart room look a little shabby
Ordered a breakfast and the first morning it was buffet and plentiful.
2nd morning ( a Saturday) cooked to order.
Everything was tasty and at £7 reasonable value. Bacon a little hard and difficult to cut but ample flow of juice and tea and coffee.
This is not a 5* hotel but for an overnight stay for me and my family an excellent option to those that were more expensive.
Wiil definitely be on my list for any future stays

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I have stayed here on numerous occasions on business. Although this is a budget hotel it is always clean and tidy with very good staff who are always keen to help. I have only ever eaten breakfast here which is filling and sets you up for the day. Very good would recommend.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Able to book in at no extra cost an hour or so earlier. We really appreciated that. Room good. Good shower and good wired internet. Restricted tv channels, no C5 etc. Easy to park and find. Had breakfast at Mcdonalds near by.