“2nd visit here”

Ibis Styles Crewe
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Crewe
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for the 2nd time, it's local and wasn't far from our party.
On both stays our room has been spotlessly clean. I love the bathroom which I was spotless.
The price is good but you have to pay extra for breakfast but you do have coffee facilities in the room...would have preferred tea.
On arrival my boots buckle had come off the receptionist who was very friendly and pleasent offered me a sewing kit.
The curtains in the room are total blackout so you have no idea it's day time I leave a slight opening so we can wake naturally to day light.
We will always choose this hotel if we ever need to come to crewe.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 4, 2013

2nd nov 2013 had a overnight stay with nat. holidays room was spotlessly clean and comfortable but FOOD ! took from 6.20 until 9.15 to serve a cold 3 course meal (was meant to be hot) to 50 people I ate none of it and returned my main 3 times giving them a chance to get something right , didn't happen so off to bed with no food
tried to complain to duty manager but he didnt seem to know what to do far too inexperienced to run a hotel .
Never going back !

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ann W
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Stayed one night; room only @ £29 plus opted for the breakfast at £7 booked on check-in. Good welcome from Lauren on reception; allocated room 402; top floor. Lifts (though only one appeared to be working) near reception, with stairs if you like a walk. The room is basic but very clean; it included a comfy double bed, a 2 seater sofa and a desk with - wonderfully - a wired Internet connection. What a good idea: no problems with configuring wireless access; just plug in the LAN cable (supplied) and go, at about 2.5 Megs.

Breakfast was OK; a little limited in the fresh fruit department, but OK. One or more of the slots on the toaster don’t work: I mentioned this to a member of staff who cheerfully pointed out the best ones to use - which wasn’t quite the point (maybe get an engineer in to fix it?) but was helpful to the people standing next to me.

No fitness club, but discounted day rates at a local gym are available.

Join the loyalty club and you get a free drink and snack. Sadly they didn’t have a Twix to give me for my snack, but the bottle of water was great.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Eric_the_Bish
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Not my normal type of hotel - it's the ultimate in 'modern box' convenience properties on an edge-of-town business park - but for the amazing price via booking.com there really was no better option for my 2-night stay in Crewe. The hotel is the definition of 'does what it says on the tin' as was perfectly comfortable for a short business trip. Staff were friendly and bed was good. Only minor quibbles were that the bathroom in my room was starting to look a bit tatty where the 'wet room' shower repeatedly sprays all over the wooden door frame, and that the in-room internet is only accessible via a cable rather than wifi (not great for smart phones). The laminate wooden floors in the rooms may not be to everyone's taste either. All minor stuff though. Nicer than a Travelodge, and cheaper on this occasion. Would stay again at that bargain price.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank castleton
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Stayed here for two nights on a quick visit to the Uk. The Hotel was pleasant enough, rooms were clean and well maintained. The bathroom was to my liking as the shower was like a wet room which suited me as I have recently had 2 new knees. Breakfasts could be better but it was adequate. We cannot complain as we thought it was good value for money.

Room Tip: We had 404 which we found quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 450kate
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights (25th October to 28th October 2013) on a buy 2 nights get 1 free deal. It included breakfast, which although wasn't great, was edible. We found out on the second day that you could order scrambled egg so we did and it was very nice. The room was very modern with TV and hospitality tray, and the bed was comfortable, so all in all I would recommend. The receptionist (Sian) was really lovely, always had a smile and was extremely helpful There was also free internet access in the room via an Ethernet cable, so you had to sit at the desk to access it, but we didn't find that a problem. There was a party going on into the early hours which did stop us from sleeping but we still think it was value for money.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lily R
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed here overnight with my two teenagers and four yr old.
Upon check- in i was asked to fill in forms for each of us requesting my e-mail and our choices of meals for the evening ( never had to do this before, slightly inconvenient as just wanted to get to room asap after travelling, esp with a tired youngster).
Rooms were small but modern & clean, bathroom door was very heavy and automatic close style so wedged it open for fear of 4yr old trapping fingers.
TV in room poor reception so didnt bother.
No room service for drinks so took a walk to the busy bar and waited for over 30 min's before eventually giving up.
Breakfast fine but no tom's, mushrooms or scrambled egg? :(.
Staff were efficient but a Smile too goes a long way to start your day :).
All in all an okay stay aside from the lack of service/organisation on the bar that evening.

• Stayed: October 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crewe
Travelodge Crewe Hotel
#3 of 9 in Crewe
Chimney House Hotel
Chimney House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Sandbach

Been to Ibis Styles Crewe? Share your experiences!