“Never again!”

Ibis Styles Crewe
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Crewe
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Part of a coach trip we arrived to discover a wedding reception was taking place. Agree entirely with previous reviews that wedding obviously took priority to other guests. Noise horrendous - didn't get to sleep till 1:30 in the morning due to drunk guests standing outside the front of the hotel smoking, swearing and generally falling out. Food was a disgrace, I woudn't insult 'Iceland' by comparing it to anything they produce. We were treat like 2nd class citizens. Needless to say the tour manager will not be recommending they use this hotel again. Breakfast was a farce, not enough food readiy for the amount of guests and staff in disarray. Fail to see how this is classed as 3*, not in my book. The only good thing to say is the room was clean and quite well, maintained.

Room Tip: If a wedding reception is being held ask for a room as far from the front of the hotel as possible.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 528795Trish
IlonaKutschbach, General Manager at Ibis Styles Crewe, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear about your bad experience with us. I have since had a meeting with our head chef and we have come up with new and improved menus to serve to any groups that we have staying at the hotel. With regards to the noise I am very sorry that you did not get to sleep until 01:30. We do recognise the fact that weddings can be noisy events and because of this if a guest does find it to be a problem, we are more than willing to move them to a room at the quieter side of the hotel where the noise cannot be heard. If you do stay with us again and we have a function on at the time, please ensure that you ask for this option upon check in and we will ensure that this happens for you. Thank you for your feedback.

Kind regards
David Tucker

There are newer reviews for Ibis Styles Crewe

Reviewed July 25, 2011

Have recently stayed at the ramada encore and found it to be a very pleasant hotel. The staff are friendly and the food was excellent. The rooms were very spacious and were perfect for our short stay. I would definatly return to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tiffany1984

Dear Tiffany

Thank you for your good feedback on the hotel. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again in the future.

Many thanks
David Tucker

Reviewed July 16, 2011

Had an overnight stay between meetings, B&B only.
The staff were pleasant and polite, the room clean and comfortable, with a lovely view of the sunset. The breakfast was fine. It was good value for the price( £56) and I would stay there again if I needed an overnight stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank nancy_tweddell
IlonaKutschbach, General Manager at Ibis Styles Crewe, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2011

Dear nancy-tweddell,

Thank you for your feedback. I am looking forward to welcoming you back as our guest in the near future.

Reviewed July 10, 2011

This is one of the budget, business range of Ramada hotels. It serves a purpose, which is to get your head down for a night or two, have something resembling breakfast in the morning and be on your way. It's not a place to stay for a relaxing break or romantic getaway.

The rooms are basic, but have what you need. The breakfast was OK, although the self-service area (where you get coffee and such like) was very cramped - get a couple of people waiting and you're tripping over each other trying to get your coffee.

The staff were friendly enough, so all in all, fine for the odd night. Can't really ask for more.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank SL-JR
IlonaKutschbach, General Manager at Ibis Styles Crewe, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2011

Dear SL-JR,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back as our guest in the near future.

Reviewed July 9, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised at this hotel. I'm not saying they were perfect but they got a lot right.
The hotel was modern and clean. The food was plentiful and good value. The location was convenient and there was a little nature walk behind the hotel allowing you to do a little walking and take a break even though located on a business park.
I'd call them a good basic business hotel. They provide a clean, uncluttered environment. The room has a proper work desk and chair with plugs and internet connection. Wired internet was free in the room, wireless in the lobby.
Having a friend in a wheelchair, I've become more aware of special needs. Many hotels say they have disabled rooms but they are semi modified and don't really deal with the real needs. I happened stayed in a disabled room and I think my friend would have been very happy with the facilities.
Could do better in that there is no mirror near a plug which makes hairdrying a little challenging and the walls aren't very soundproof if you get a noisy neighbour,
On the whole though it was a good experience and certainly good value for the money I spent.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank AFisher1

Dear AFisher1,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay. In our standard rooms the sockets are actually close to the mirror so you could easily use the hairdryer.

I am looking forward to welcoming you and maybe your friend back as our guests in the near future.

Reviewed July 5, 2011

Clean,quiet,pleasent staff, nice sized room, well priced , will not dissapoint if you want somewhere to stay for a short break would use this Hotel again.Only drawback was rather poor looking (plastic) dinning area.

Room Tip: Ask for room on 3rd or 4th floor
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank NorthDevonTripper

Dear North Devon Tripper,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back as our guest in the near future.

Reviewed June 27, 2011

stayed at the ramada encore in crewe for four nights with a coach party.it is a fairly new hotel with 112 rooms which were clean and comftable,the staff were polite and helpful.there was a good selection of food available at breakfast which was a bit hectic due to the overnighting coach parties.the disappointing part of this stay was the evening dinner which was abysmal,minute portions of poor quality food and very little choice.as we were a coach party i expect the dinners were produced to a very tight budget,i found most people on my coach would have paid a little more or a premium for a food upgrade.myself and others finished our stay eating dinners at the nearby duke of gloucester pub,which were excellent.I could reccomend this hotel for a overnight b/b stay but no longer . RG great yarmouth.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
6  Thank pubeater

Dear pubeater,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am glad you liked the hotel, breakfast and friendly staff and I would like to apologise about your dinner experience. The 2 course meal with 2 choices was booked by the tour operator within your package.

In our Hub Restaurant we would have also had our normal a la carte menu available for an extra charge.

I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.