“Like fawlty towers”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We went on groupon deal, and concur with nelly1880H, The two elderly waitresses were like 'Hinge & Bracket' got customers confused, and menu's. So many errors, like change from meal, cold soup for starter, Poor quality veg for mains, paid for pudding extra, as we were still hungry, and regretted it. Restaurant has been updated, but still needs more work. To top it all, we went at 7.30pm, it was dark and raining, never saw signs for the carpark of the pub to be 'Pay and Display', got a ticket from some dodgy firm called 'Traffic Eye' a few weeks later demanding £100. Other diners were equally un-impressed. Please check all details before going, or you could be the next victim.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

The restaurant is great, serving reasonably priced food, generous portions and quick service. The staff are always happy to help.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

I live in Liverpool and it's about an hour drive away to this restaurant. We were given a Groupon voucher to use. We were half way there but we hit traffic which delayed us. I called the hotel and asked to be put through to the restaurant... they put me through to the kitchen who refused to transfer my call. I called back and spoke to a member of staff and I asked for the reservation to be held by 10 minutes. This request was refused point blank saying she couldn't hold my table for any minute past 2 o'clock. Charming!

Reviewed January 12, 2012

Got there for breakfast at 7am. Waitress made great effort to be welcoming and helpful. Good food, nicely cooked (especially bacon).

1  Thank SouthWalesTeapot
Reviewed September 23, 2008

I went to have a meal in the restaurant there with friends. Staff there is both slow and unprofessional - so is the service. Waiting for drinks takes forever and the food is the worst I've experienced in a long time.
The set menu for £16 is well overpriced in return of quality.
Too spicy and too salty - the cook shows no sense for seasoning at all. I wouldn't recommend to stay nor eat there.
Patrick, Crewe