Whiston Hall Hotel is a decent place to stay. I stayed here with my wife and some friends whilst visiting the Alton Towers theme park. The two fellows in charge are very friendly and helpful to your needs should an issue arise. The room we stayed in was minimalist but relatively clean (there were a lot of dead bugs and flies in the lights etc).
From the outside this does not look like your average hotel - it was impressive, as is the foyer and waiting area. But, the rooms are really quite basic. Our shower for instance was basic and in fact it didn't work – whilst the gents agreed to come to fix it, even once it was done, it was not exactly a powerful jet of water. I think a little more investment on this necessity would go a long way.
The continental breakfast was basic also – cereal, bananas and some croissants. My friend has the cooked breakfast but was not impressed. Though it was not bad.
It’s a shame that the bar closes at 21:30 – although the owners were quite happy for us to stay up in the lounge with our own bottles.
Speaking of bottles there were around 30 blue bottles on the inside window of the lounge. Hopefully a one off.
In summary, if only the bedrooms were decorated as nicely as the rest of the hotel (all those LED lights!) this would be 4 stars. The two gents operating the hotel were nice to speak to. With a little more gusto as hosts and a bit more TLC given to the bedrooms and this hotel could be very good indeed
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whiston Hall is set in scenic Staffordshire countryside, just a 10-minute drive from Alton Towers. The 17th-century hotel has a leafy golf course, a modern bar area and elegant rooms with free Wi-Fi. The historic Whiston Hall estate features large grounds with ornamental fountains and 3 fishing lakes. The 18-hole golf course has a putting green, and offers wonderful views of the nearby hills. The bright and airy bedrooms each have a private bathroom with free toiletries. All rooms feature cable TV and tea/coffee facilities. In the mornings, guests can enjoy a continental breakfast,or for a small extra charge a hearty Full English. In the quiet village of Whiston, this elegant hotel is just a 10-minute drive from the Peak District National Park and from Alton Towers. Free on-site parking is available, and Stoke-on-Trent is a 20-minute drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Orbitz, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Whiston Hall Hotel and Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whiston Hall Golf Club And Mansion Court Hotel
- Whiston Hall Hotel Mansion Court