“2nd Visit as good as the 1st”
Review of The New Olive Tree

The New Olive Tree
Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in Cheadle
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a fully licensed tapas bar, all homemade food with daily specials, Spanish style drinking cave! So try something new with friends and loved ones x
Reviewed November 19, 2017

Went yesterday afternoon, Saturday 18th November. We went with my sister and brother in law, The tapas dishes we chose were delicious, as were the trio of desserts !! Once again the owner, service and food were 1st class. A lovely, quaint place to eat . Thanks again for a lovely afternoon.

Louise S, Owner at The New Olive Tree, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2017

Hi IanEdwards43
Thankyou so much for another lovely review, it was lovely to see you again and you even shared your pud with the Mrs this time!! Roll on your next visit.

Reviewed November 15, 2017

My first (but definitely not last) visit last Thursday though I have lived only 10 minutes walk away for very many years!
Tapas as a meal rather than bar snacks is a new concept for me. I was initially concerned that such an extensive range of choices means that it cannot possibly all be totally freshly prepared. However, freshly prepared or not, all of the dishes we chose (10) were excellent (though the eggy one was too spicy for me) and it was great to try so many tastes and textures. Lovely staff and really pleasant chatty proprietress. The food prices are good value but the only downside is overpriced ordinary quaffing quality wine. We will definitely be back.

1  Thank Richard G
Louise S, Owner at The New Olive Tree, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2017

Hi Richard G
Thankyou so much for taking the time to leave your review, I'm so glad you enjoyed your evening with us especially as your only walking distance away.
All of our dishes except our slow cooked ones obviously, are fresh made and home made, the only thing we do not make here is bread, but that is sourced from our local bakery.
Re my wine, you are unable to purchase any of my wines in the shops as they are all sourced by myself via a wine company, they maybe a little more expensive then some local highstreet places but on par and some cheaper then a few restaurants I have been to.
Look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed November 7, 2017 via mobile

Visiting the area for my 50th, I wanted something special to help celebrate my 50th with my family. After looking on TripAdvisor for ideas, we opted for the Olive Tree as it was number 1 in the area and number 2 in Staffordshire. What an absolute gem of a place. I emailed Lou on numerous occasions with regards booking a table, the menus and preordering our meal and nothing was too much trouble. On arrival at the restaurant, we found the staff so friendly and welcoming and the food is absolutely delicious. We only wished we lived local so we could visit more often. Thank you Lou and all your staff for making my 50th so special.

Louise S, Owner at The New Olive Tree, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2017

Hi THE_ARAB-MANCHESTER
It was lovely to meet you all, thankyou for choosing us, to celebrate such a special birthday as well, thank you so so much for leaving your review, I'm so glad the evening was enjoyed by all. I Look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 6, 2017

Don't get me wrong, ultimately you go to a restaurant to eat food and enjoy the company your with. Unfortunately this company included the owner(ess) who felt she needed to talk to us what seemed like every few minutes.
Being familiar with the patrons might suit some people, but when I go out for a meal im there to talk to my partner not the owner, I felt we were being interrupted mid conversation constantly, whether it was to see if we were happy with the food (which we were) or if we lived in Cheadle and so on and why haven't we been in before etc etc. Question is do you smile and be polite, or tell the owner to do one (politely)?

it really took the edge off the meal which in all honesty food wise, was nice and good value.

if you like tapas but want to spend most of the night being interrupted by the staff in idle chit chat this is the place for you, it has zero intimacy appeal.

2  Thank PeteXChelle

Hi PeteXChelle
Sorry you felt I intruded on your evening I was only making sure you were ok and enjoying your evening. Yes I talk to my customers , no one has ever complained that I do it too much, infact they comment how our place feels like coming round to friends for tea and not just going out for a meal. Would you of said I was rude or not checked by staff if we'd of just left you alone.....i think I'd be more annoyed if the staff weren't bothering to make you feel welcome, rather then the fact I talked to much. At least you enjoyed your meal.
Lou

Reviewed November 3, 2017

We went to The New Olive Tree for a family Sunday lunch as it was my sister in laws 50th Birthday and I have to say it was fantastic. The Owner and staff were very friendly and helpful and the food was absolutely gorgeous. Would Highly recommend The New Olive Tree to all.

Hi karenshaw2017
Thabkyou so so much for taking the time to leave your review, it was lovely having you all here to celebrate the big 50, so glad everyone enjoyed. Roll on the next visit.