“Great service”
Review of Yu Alderley

Yu Alderley
Reserve with OpenTable
Yu Alderley is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Reviewed September 20, 2017

We came here with friends on a midweek catch up. After looking at the menu on line I was excited. The food was good but not sure if I had built up my expectations too much as it was good but not wow. I had the prawn and lobster wongtons which were good and my husband had prawn toast, again there was plenty of it and it was great quality.

For main I shared deconstructed duck with a friend, again it was good but could have taken some more duck meat as didn't really think there was enough. Cocktails were great though and the bar staff were really good.

Overall it was a good evening and food and service were good,

Reviewed September 20, 2017 via mobile

Tucked away behind Picolinos in Alderley Edge. The restaurant is upstairs and also has lift access. Friendly greeting on arrival and usually immediately taken to your table. Nothing is too much trouble for the amazing staff, menu and wine list can be fully explained and recommendations made.
Love the deconstructed peking duck. Dim Sum is fresh and varied choice.
For main I tend to stick to fish and love the black cod.
The lighting is very dim and romantic but recommend you have a torch on your phone to read menu and the bill !!
Difficult to get a table on a Fri/Sat so book well in advance.
This is not a cheap night out so be aware that pricing is high. Four people with wine can set you back between £300 to £400

Reviewed September 15, 2017

I came here on a Friday evening with one of my friends, I agree it is very discreet and hard to find which is the only set back however, I was greeted immediately and had been offered to sit by the bar for a drink first since it was still a little early, which I'm glad I did because the cocktails here are to die for!
Once cocktails was finished we was then escorted to our tables, the restaurant was a third full which was great! I like a more relaxed atmosphere - you don't get ignored by the busy staff.
Me and my friend decided to order a selection of small eats to share and a main plus a side. The salt&pepper ribs and squid was delicious, the squid came with chopped somewhat citrus marinated cucumber that gave it a nice touch, finishing with the roasted black cod and egg fried rice.
The staff may not all be experienced like the management team (I'm assuming the gentlemen wearing the suit and ties) but they were just as friendly and attentive, after we finished our starters we was asked if we would like a break in between courses.
Overall, it may be on the pricier side but it was definitely worth it, I would recommend it to people who are looking for that little something extra special =)

Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

Another evening at this awesome place. This time with family. 5 days ago i had my birthday and i felt like going by. My last experience was much satisfying and my family was up for something different than usual. The event special wok seared soft shell crab and the honey roasted char sui were the dishes that piqued my interest and made notable difference to us, so i took a picture of them. Also the stir fried lobster with noodles and ginger is something you should try. Drinks and service were also very good. We always had our wine glasses full and the cocktails were amazing. Thanks Yu Alderley for a very special birthday dinner!

1  Thank DorianGray1806
Reviewed September 15, 2017

My Son's birthday request was a Chinese meal to celebrate, we usually visit Wings in central Manchester for special occasions but as his birthday was Monday we chose to eat more locally on the Sunday evening.
We booked the same afternoon for 6.30 and ran a little late, despite this the restaurant was quiet, which begs the question why we had the table assigned to us right next to the serving station, overhearing the noisy exchanges between the servers. There must have been 30 + tables available so why that one, only they know. I nearly asked to be moved and should have done.
The food was fresh and well prepared but the service lacked finesse, no table cloths no special feeling which it should as it purports to be high end and the bill reflected this.
We had dim sum which was nice the deconstructed duck lovely and different and the two dishes we shared the chilli chicken and the prawns in spring onion were delightful.
However why do restaurants disguise things such as the cost of water without a tap water option given to you and prawn crackers the cheapest of items, a handful at £4.50 snuck on to the bill along with a service charge. I don't mind paying but I would like the option.
In all healthy expectation but a bit underwhelmed especially with the service. Try Wings there is a world of a difference from the serving of your pancakes with duck, the filling of your rice bowls attention to detail at every turn.
It remains our favourite and somewhere for YU to aspire to.

2  Thank Manchesterguy2