“Very disappointing” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Merlin

Merlin
Ranked #11 of 35 Restaurants in Alderley Edge
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, International
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Hale, United Kingdom
“Very disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

3 of us went tonight for Father's Day. Our table was booked for 7pm. It wasn't ready until 7.15pm. The starters took a while to come, but the main course took an hour to come! My son and I had the salmon with potatoes, feta, edamame beans and peas. When it eventually arrived, it was a really small meal, like a starter. At £13.95, I think this was over priced. The restaurant was very busy, and the waiters were rushing about. We felt like any minute a meal or a drink would go over us. It was not a relaxed family night out. When the puddings eventually came, my husband had creme brulee. It was served in a vintage tea cup! (Very small). He was given a tablespoon to eat it with! It was not set. I had eton mess. All the strawberries still had their stalks on! I was only given a large spoon, so had to pull the strawberries out of the mixture with my fingers, which was very messy. In the end I left it. I pointed out all this to the Manager, who apologised and reduced the bill. Overall it was a very unsatisfactory meal and night out.

Wilmslow, England, United Kingdom
“Meal with friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

Superb meal, great atmosphere, and the service was exceptional. We had said we weren't going to go back after a disappointing visit a few months ago, but I am so glad we did. Nothing was too much trouble, and we had a great night.

Visited June 2014
Handforth, United Kingdom
“Excellent customer service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

Thanks to my wonderful friends, I enjoyed a surprised birthday lunch on 7th June. We were given a room to ourselves so we felt free to laugh and enjoy ourselves without disturbing the other diners. The food was fantastic and the staff were marvelous; especially Selcuk who was friendly, helpful and fun.

Stockport, United Kingdom
“The Merlin”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

We don't usually post reviews however my husband and I had a meal at the Merlin earlier this week to celebrate our wedding anniversary and we felt that the service was so good it was worth a mention. Also, the menu has been updated recently and we thoroughly enjoyed our choices. Many thanks to Selcuk and Violetta who provided friendly and efficient service :)

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Manchester U.K.
“Delicious and imaginative menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

We ate at the Merlin on 1st June for lunch and found it to be a happy experience The menu is tasty and imaginative and the atmosphere is friendly with a modern and relaxed feel We booked on line which was quick and simple too
Very helpful staff and efficient service Thank you to Selcuk and other members of the team for their attentiveness