“Great but not perfect” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Botanist

The Botanist
Cuisines: Bar, British
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Drinks, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Formally No.15 Wine Bar, The Botanist offers a well stocked cellar of cask-conditioned ales, more than 70 bottled beers and ciders from around the world, a selection of finest Champagnes and an intriguing cocktail menu. Food comes in the form of a deli-style menu with rotisserie and barbecue. Owned and operated by the New World Pub Company, The Botanist is unlike anything else.
“Great but not perfect”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Like the bar. Great cocktails. Food was lovely but there wasn't enough in terms if portion size. One veggie kebab is a tad poor. It was delicious though. And for pudding I had the banana and again got one skewer. I'm certainly no glutton but can't say I left overly full. A couple more veggie options would also be good too ;)

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Twistedapple

Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
“Little gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

This was booked by my son who lives locally ,he told me how good it was and that we would like it ,he was right .When you arrive you know it's going to be a bit special by it's decor.Whoever designed and furnished this restaraunt has vision. We had booked and were shown to our table by very friendly and informed staff.The menu is not vast but interesting,I had a burger which is unusual but I hoped it would somthing special and it was. My wife had a kebab,son and fiancée had steaks.All of the meals were excellent and not overly expensive.
The BOTANIST is a real find ,when I am in the area again I will make a point of going back as it is that good.I could not fault it in any way.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Clive441
Long Beach Island, New Jersey
“Lucky Find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

My wife and I had justed landed in England and were driving to the Cotswolds from Manchester. Our route took us through Alderley Edge because of stopping at a bank for some money. Luckily, we walked into The Botanist for our first meal in England and were very impressed with everything....the decor, the staff and especially the food. The serving was extremely timely and the staff was extremely friendly. We liked The Botanist so much that it was also our last meal in England before flying home.

Bramhall
“Shabby chic”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Visited for lunch today with a friend & enjoyed pleasant service & surroundings.
Quite busy though no problems getting a table - our food was fine though consider a Caesar Salad at £9.50 (average size) rather expensive and wasn't partial to the chicken (odd taste) noticed another table had ordered a rather tall gimicky contraption which turned out to be a dangling kebab - seemed to enjoy it, though the presentation didn't appeal to us.
Yes would agree the chips are rather over seasoned as mentioned by another reviewer, but service was with a smile & atmosphere nice - pleasant

Stock, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Wonderful place to eat. Fun, Vibrant, Excellent service, Lovely quirky food and reasonable prices!
Very busy booking a must