“Nice restaurant with great style”
Review of The Botanist

The Botanist
Cuisines: Barbecue, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Formally No.15 Wine Bar, The Botanist offers a well stocked cellar of cask-conditioned ales, more than 70 bottled beers and ciders from around the world, a selection of finest Champagnes and an intriguing cocktail menu. Food comes in the form of a deli-style menu with rotisserie and barbecue. Owned and operated by the New World Pub Company, The Botanist is unlike anything else.
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Really enjoyed the design and layout of the place. Staff were very helpful and had a nice atmosphere although I would have preferred it a little quiter given the prices, however it was early eve on a Fri night and with the range of beers on offer it is a connoiseurs delight. Food itself was very nice although we were probably paying for the novelty with our hanging kebab - although nice it is just a shish kebab essentially. Parking opposite free in eve. Would recommend

There are newer reviews for The Botanist

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Family Sunday lunch at the Botanist. Great range of beers to accompany my roast beef. The best I have tasted in sometime.
Good size portions at a fair price.
Good location and restaurant atmosphere.
Service very good and the staff were always around to help.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Met some friends for an early dinner and the place was heaving but service was still good and the food was delicious. Quirky decor and presentation added to the experience and it was reasonably priced, especially for Alderley Edge.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Me and my boyfriend visited The Botanist for a lovely little lunch. There is a good selection of cocktails, wines and beers and the food is delicious! Presentation is very quirky and really adds a nice touch. Completely fell in love with the interior design and feel of the place, it has been superbly done with great attention to detail. The staff are all very attentive and friendly, a great vibe in the restaurant as well as at the bar. Will definitely visit again!

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I went to The Botanist on a Friday night with a group of friends to celebrate someones birthday. The building is split into 2 halves, the bar on the left as you walk in and the restaurant on the right. The bar was heaving and you could hardly get to it to get a drink. We'd booked a table for 9pm and the people that were sat at our table were only just getting their main course at that time. We spoke to the girl controlling the tables and she was apologetic and said she was trying to sort us a different table. When my other friend approached her again her story changed and she said she had it down that our table was booked for 9.30pm although this made no difference as there were still no tables. We eventually sat down to eat at 9.50 and the food came at 10.10pm. The food was very basic, quite reasonable in price but just like bar food. I had a salad which was nice but my friends had the chicken sandwich and it was just literally on bread, we may aswell have been in a cafe somewhere. By this time the bar area was really busy and the people had started to spill over into the restaurant area, so we were trying to eat a meal with people crowded up to the back of our chairs. I dont think the concept of drinking and eating works here it needs to be one or the other, a bar or a restaurant. I wouldnt eat there again as the food was so basic, I might go for a drink as the bar atmosphere was good and the piano player but I wont be rushing back and certainly wouldnt recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank h0telm0telh0lidayinn