“Tasty Saturday lunch ”

Cuisines: American, Deli
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

We went to Aldeli for a quick bite to eat. Really easy to park, plenty of seating. We thought the milkshakes, hot dog and NY sub were really tasty and everything was very fresh. I think it's a bit of a strange setup in there, doesn't feel much like a diner, more like a cafe with the decor, but the food is great. My only complaint is that the staff could have been friendlier. But I would definitely go back! It's very unique and great value for money.

Reviewed September 30, 2017 via mobile

We arrived at 8am as it states when it opens but it doesn't, it opens at 9am on a Saturday so just bare that in mind. It was freeeeeezing in there and smelt quite strongly of bleach which isn't overly appetizing.
You order at the counter but the menu is much smaller than the one on the website so that was a bit disappointing.
When the food came which was the pancake eggs and bacon they werent very hit maybe the outside journey from the kitchen doesn't help. The eggs and rye toast were nice but came with sauce which shouldn't have so they had to change which she was really apologetic about and changed. I think from the website we had really high hopes and sadly didn't really live up to it.
But the blond lady waitress was really nice and polite and friendly.
Wouldn't sadly go back but good food just a few things could have been better hotter food, warmer restaurant, not so strong bleach smell.

IlanaH123, Owner at Aldeli New York Diner, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2017

Hi There

Thanks so much for your feedback, we do appreciate it.

You are correct about the website - which is something that has unfortunately been an oversight on our part.
We will have this rectified as soon as possible.

With regards to your meal - I am glad that your issue was rectified but obviously not happy that your food was up to scratch as it very well should have been.

I would always ask that you let us know as soon as possible and we will get it sorted immediately for you.

Thank you for your custom & we hope you enjoyed the rest of your visit to Alderley Edge.

Reviewed September 27, 2017

Admittedly I would not have given this place the time of day had I not been forced to meet someone there. But actually I was pleasantly surprised. Notwithstanding that the immediate vicinity is a petrol station car park, they actually pull off the NY diner vibe site well - the coffee is great and the staff are lovely. The club sandwich is really nice, and my little boy LOVES the ice cream shop at the back!

IlanaH123, Owner at Aldeli New York Diner, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2017

Hi There

Thank you for leaving your review, we do love your feedback.

The history of Aldeli is - well, we used to be a car showroom - complete with service centre & petrol station.
We have obviously kept the petrol station & we have our MOT & service centre at the back too - we're a complete all rounder here in Alderley Edge & we are & have been run by the same family for years and years.

We're proud of our space, proud of our staff & yes, our coffee is fabulous too.

So pleased that your little boy loved our ice cream too - we have around 30 flavours in our little ice cream parlour so lots of choice for future visits.

Thanks again,

Reviewed September 14, 2017

I went here a while ago, I found the people who run this business to be just fabulous, only outdone by the food. I highly recommend!
I will be visiting again...

IlanaH123, Owner at Aldeli New York Diner, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback.

We love our little diner.

We're family run, everything is fresh, everything is cooked & made to order & all of our pastries & cakes are baked & made in house.
Mostly at home in our family kitchen.

We're Love Local supporters & we're proud of our values.

Thank you for your custom.

01625 58222

Reviewed September 13, 2017

Called in for coffee. Easy to park and staff friendly. Good but expensive coffee and no early morning snacks such as croissants or tea cakes available. Very noisy, cafe not helped by a story telling class going on which isn't really conducive to a relaxing coffee especially as one of the children clearly wasn't enjoying the story! Looks like it needs money and care spending on it and to decide on their customer base as I doubt 3 year olds spend that much on coffee.

Hi There

Thank you for your review.

We are a bit confused by it though - I think you came by on Roald Dahl Day.

Where we put on a free event for local pre-schoolers.
We actually advertised this in advance and it only lasted 30 minutes.

We had 15 under 5's join us for this event - and to only have one of them a bit bored is pretty good going we think.
we know how fidgety kiddies can be.
We were proud & happy to be able to provide a space for families to come & have a coffee whilst being treat to a little story on Roald Dahls birthday - after all, it's better than them sitting placid on an iPad.

We hope you come back & visit us soon.

We welcome everyone to Aldeli :-)