“Another great night” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Yara Restaurant

Yara Restaurant
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Romantic, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
“Another great night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

We a party of seven went lasr Saturday and as usual the food and service was fantastic. The staff at the restaurant are so good, nothing is too much trouble for them and the atmosphear is buzzy and fun. We can even take our own wine which is another lovely touch.

We will be back

Holmes Chapel, United Kingdom
“Delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

The food was really good. The menu was quite large with many interesting things on it that sounded lovely. It was a bit of guess work as to what to have as a starter, having never eaten there before. But we were not disappointed. The main courses were fabulous too, the lamb was so tender as you would expect it to be and so full of delightful flavours. The staff were very attentive but not rushing you in anyway. The bit that makes it even better is that you can take your own wine, you don't have to, but it does make a big difference if you are looking for a good meal out at a reasonable price. We paid £35 approximately for two starters and two mains and we had two bottles of wine that we took and they only charged us £1 corkage. Can't wait to go back and sample more of their delights.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“One of the best restaurants in Cheshire”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

We went there Saturday night and the atmosphere was amazing! The food was so fresh and tasty plus the customer service was excellent! Staff were always on hand to check if we need anything and plus you can bring your own wine with only a £1 corkage charge. Will definitely be going back. A pleasant experience!

Manchester
“Snail pace service!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

Visited here yesterday for lunch. They have a lunch time deal,starter and main course with tea or coffee for £10.99. The menu was quite limited but still a good selection of dishes to choose from. We were offered a drink (not tea or coffee) but were not told that this would be at an extra cost. When gave my order I was offered rice ,chips or salad which was again extra to the meal deal price and again was not told this. The food was really excellent though but it took quiet a while for it to be served even though we were the only customers in at the time! As a result of this we were late back to work. I understand that the food is cooked freshly but as we were the only people there I can't imagine they delays on a busy Friday or Saturday night!? As the food was so good though I will be returning, and hopefully the service will be greatly improved!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Staff really need more customer service training”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

We've eaten here 4 times now as it is a favourite of friends of ours. The most recent visit last month was with a group of 11. The food is nice, but I must say I was surprised to see it rank so highly on TA.

I would agree with the comments about the service. The first few times we went the service was great however the last visit it was terrible! Firstly I had telephoned when booking to ask about their bring-your-own alcohol policy. The person on the phone confirmed that the corkage charge was £1 per bottle of wine, which I thought very reasonable. However when the bill came they had charged £1 per person even though a few of our table were driving and so only 4 bottles of wine had been consumed. They amended the bill when I pointed this out.

Secondly, one of the waiters was ogling one of the girls and actually wolf whistled her on her way back from the loo.

Numerous requests for tap water to be brought to the table went unanswered.

Finally when receiving the bill I realised that they had added service charge, but sneakily had placed the service charge in the middle of the list of items, instead of at the end of the bill!
I decided to still pay the service charge as a gesture of goodwill.

As can happen with large groups, everyone paid and people were leaving and there was £1 missing from the total. I didn't have change so offered the amount minus £1. The waiter said 'no, you still owe £1'. When I explained I didn't have change he insisted I pay the £1. I then explained that it simply meant he had received £1 less in service charge. Still he insisted that paying less was not possible. At this point I was gobsmacked that he was arguing with me but repeated that if the total was £1 down, then that simply meant I was giving £1 less from the service charge. He then told me he 'was going to speak to his manager about this' and stormed off! He never returned of course but I couldn't believe his haughty attitude and to argue with a customer over £1 service is ridiculous.

In hindsight I should have removed the entire service charge amount!

So in summary, average/good food but service varies from great to downright laughable.

• Visited October 2013