“Our custom wasn't wanted!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Yara Restaurant

Yara Restaurant
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Our custom wasn't wanted!!!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

We purchased a groupon for this restaurant and were very much looking forward to trying it. It went downhill from the moment we tried to book. I phoned on 3 different occasions and they were fully booked (silly me mentioned the groupon) until finally they "squeezed" us in on Sunday.

When we arrived the place was almost empty, we were greeted by a waiter that struggled to find our booking and finally seated us at a table for 2 next to the cellar door against a badly stained wall. Not the best start, I had already written the place off for lying to me about being fully booked but hubbie was determined to give it a go.

Starters were ok nothing to complain about, hubbies main was dripping in oil but he said it was tasty. I had the mixed kebab, two were nice but the 3rd the lamb was tough as old boots. The deserts saved the day, I had baklava (very small portion) but very nice and hubbie had the Turkish delight which he enjoyed. The drinks were cheep which is another plus point but over all the service was sullen and it was sadly lacking in atmosphere.

To me the point of a groupon is to entice you to go back, they failed miserably. For this type of food (although not Lebanese) I would choose Marmaris in Heaton Moor every time! Sorry Yara but you let yourselves down!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Moose_Hunters

Manchester
“Generous portions of deliciousness”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Visited last night on a Groupon deal £17 for 3 course for 2 people.
I was pleased to find that we could choose any menu options and only incurred the occassional supplement for prawns/seabass etc.
We opted for the cold starters although they all looked amazing. The hummous (£4 normally) and a feta style dip called Keshkeh (£4.50) were both delicious and served with warm fluffy pitta.
For the main with both opted for the mixed kebab (£13) and shared a side of greek salad (£4). The portions were very generous, three full sized kebabs of chicken lamb and shish kebab, all cooked to perfection.
Now by this point we were both rather stuffed but as dessert was included we went for it.
I had ice cream (£4.20) and my friend had the Mulhalabieh - a milk pudding with blossom water (£3.50). Again no compliants.
The resturant had a good atmosphere, it was rather busy for a wednesday night and I'd reccommend booking in advance. The music was, I imagine, lebanese style and was pleasnat background music for you still to be able to chat easily.
I'd definitely return and would take a bottle and happily pay the £1 corkage fee. I had a bottle of the lebanese beer with my meal and it was really refreshing.
All in all a brilliant Groupon deal but without the discount it would still be great value for money.
I'll definitely be going back again.

• Visited July 2013
Manchester
“Great food and excellent value”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We picked this up on a Groupon and thought we would give it a try. They already have place in Altrincham but the restaurant in Alderley Edge opened recently. We visited on a Wednesday night and it was full (recommend a reservation), which is always a good sign. The food is a little different, with a varied menu, and I enjoyed the subtle flavours. The ability to bring your own wine for a £1 corkage charge is a nice touch. The only criticism was the deserts. They were tasty, but these were the smallest baklava I have ever seen, hardly a mouthfull each and overpriced at £4.50 for three. The restaurant is compact and has a good atmosphere and, coupled with the friendly staff, I'd be happy to go back again.

Wilmslow, United Kingdom
“Disinterested”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Tried on several occasions to book to use a groupon voucher, Monday, Sunday and Wednesday evening. Each time they were 'full' but prepared to take a booking without the voucher. Clearly not interested in attracting new custom in a very competitive area.
Think well take our custom elsewhere!

2 Thank jem999
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Great food and good value”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Really nice Lebanese and Syrian restaurant in stylish Alderley Edge. Great choice of hot and cold starters, plentiful mains and half a dozen sweets to follow. The food was well cooked and nicely presented, service was good without hovering over you, and you can take your own wine for £1 corkage...excellent. Well worth a visit.