“Great food ,Staff need be a bit more friendly”
Review of Stag's Head Great Warford - CLOSED

Stag's Head Great Warford
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Situated in the stunning cheshire countryside, The Stag is a family friendly traditional pub providing impeccable service, fresh homemade food and an excellent range of wine, cask ales & champagne to all that visit.Here at The Stag, we use only the best locally sourced produce enabling our experienced, Award Winning Chef and his team to deliver the best of British cuisine.Choose from our extensive menu or blackboard specials and enjoy your meal in one of our cosy dining rooms with open fires or out in the sun on our fabulous new decking area which overlooks our large, child friendly garden and beautiful Cheshire countryside.What better venue to hold a special event! we cater for all occasions with each event taylor made to suit your individual requirements.Come and visit us very soon and experience first hand why we are the talk of Cheshire....
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Great food ,Staff need be a bit more friendly”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Visited for a Bank Holiday lunch after reading good reviews on Trip Advisor ,sat in a room at the front just me and my partner and soon in came a party with a dog in tow , which we didn't mind but this may put some people off as it was off the lead wandering under the tables .
Anyway the food came quickly which was well presented and very tasty . After finishing the main we were asked if we wanted to see the dessert menu ,this was shortly plonked on the table by the waitress who then just walked off . She returned and took our order which came and was just short of being chucked on the table . All in all was a lovely meal let down by 1 member of staff and at £40 for a lunch ( 2 drinks,2mains & 1 dessert )would expect a better level of service .....hence no tip which I normally give .

2 Thank oldhallphil

Wilmslow, England, United Kingdom
“Amazing family Sunday lunch”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Having read the reviews on trip advisor, I couldn't resist wanting to eat here. I booked a table at 10am for the same day Sunday lunch. I visited with my wife and two children (aged 2 and 8). We were pleasantly greeted and made to feel welcome.
My wife and I ordered the Sunday lunch which was served perfectly. The beef was pink and the Yorkshire pudding and accompaniments were just right. My son had the roast pork Sunday lunch too, which he devoured. My daughter had fish goujons and didn't leave a crumb so a massive pat on the back to the chef on all parts. The sticky toffee pudding is definitely recommended for dessert ( if you still have room that is).

The pub offers a variety of cask ales too which is a draw to real ale drinkers.

Overall, this was an exceptionally pleasant experience that all members of my family enjoyed. We highly recommend this place to anyone considering a visit and good food.
We WILL be visiting again!

cheshire
“Fabulous pub meal”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Haven't been to stag for a couple of years,used to be "the place" to eat, six of us went for birthday meal last night and we all said it was the best meal we have had.
The staff were lovely,service excellent,food very very tasty,compliments to the chef,we will all definitely be back and recommend this place to our friends.

Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“Lovely Evening Meal”
Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I visited on our way home after a hard day in work... The food was fabulous and service was second to none!! Extremely reasonably priced. Very friendly staff and owner who all made us feel very welcome and custom appreciated. I will definitely be visiting again, either on my way home from work again or with the family over a weekend. This is the sort of country pub that I wouldn't mind getting snowed in to in the winter!

Cheshire, United Kingdom
“Lovely countryside pub”
Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I went to the stag's head last night and had a wonderful time. The specials board had chicken gnocchi on there and it was lovely. We also had garlic mushrooms which were so tasty. The couple next to us said the crab salad was really good to. The atmosphere was great and staff were lovely. I have been there before and it was just as good as last time. Worth the trip out and didn't disappoint.