“Lovely Evening Meal”
Review of Stag's Head Great Warford - CLOSED

Stag's Head Great Warford
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Situated in the stunning cheshire countryside, The Stag is a family friendly traditional pub providing impeccable service, fresh homemade food and an excellent range of wine, cask ales & champagne to all that visit.Here at The Stag, we use only the best locally sourced produce enabling our experienced, Award Winning Chef and his team to deliver the best of British cuisine.Choose from our extensive menu or blackboard specials and enjoy your meal in one of our cosy dining rooms with open fires or out in the sun on our fabulous new decking area which overlooks our large, child friendly garden and beautiful Cheshire countryside.What better venue to hold a special event! we cater for all occasions with each event taylor made to suit your individual requirements.Come and visit us very soon and experience first hand why we are the talk of Cheshire....
Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I visited on our way home after a hard day in work... The food was fabulous and service was second to none!! Extremely reasonably priced. Very friendly staff and owner who all made us feel very welcome and custom appreciated. I will definitely be visiting again, either on my way home from work again or with the family over a weekend. This is the sort of country pub that I wouldn't mind getting snowed in to in the winter!

Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I went to the stag's head last night and had a wonderful time. The specials board had chicken gnocchi on there and it was lovely. We also had garlic mushrooms which were so tasty. The couple next to us said the crab salad was really good to. The atmosphere was great and staff were lovely. I have been there before and it was just as good as last time. Worth the trip out and didn't disappoint.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

It has been many years since I was last in the Stag's Head and I then found just a regular pub with a good astmosphere amongst the locals and visitors alike. My lunch time trip this time was to eat following a good report from friends and we were not disappointed. The food was really well cooked and nicely presented. The staff were excellant and as a result the service first class. This is more than "pub grub" but not over the top in terms of price. Go visit!

Reviewed August 10, 2014

We visited the Stags Head with another couple after reading reviews on TA. Whilst the food was good the service was very poor. After delivering the main course to the table we were abandoned by the waiting staff. Nobody came back t the table to ask if the food was alright, nobody came to ask if we were alright for drinks - we had to leave the table and keep going to the bar, nobody came and offered us deserts - we had to go looking round the restaurant for the desert menu and to top it all we never got coffee - you guessed it nobody came near to ask if we wanted it. Maybe we caught them on a bad night but we certainly will not be going back or recommending to anyone.

1  Thank Mel H
Reviewed July 27, 2014

First visit based on reviews from TA, dog friendly, child friendly food excellent. This is how a good pub restaurant should be run, the staff had clearly been trained in customer service, the choice of food and pricing should meet most peoples needs. It would be very difficult to fault any aspect of this pub and it's offerings, we will definitely return in the near future.