“The perfect country pub”
Review of Stag's Head Great Warford - CLOSED

Stag's Head Great Warford
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Situated in the stunning cheshire countryside, The Stag is a family friendly traditional pub providing impeccable service, fresh homemade food and an excellent range of wine, cask ales & champagne to all that visit.Here at The Stag, we use only the best locally sourced produce enabling our experienced, Award Winning Chef and his team to deliver the best of British cuisine.Choose from our extensive menu or blackboard specials and enjoy your meal in one of our cosy dining rooms with open fires or out in the sun on our fabulous new decking area which overlooks our large, child friendly garden and beautiful Cheshire countryside.What better venue to hold a special event! we cater for all occasions with each event taylor made to suit your individual requirements.Come and visit us very soon and experience first hand why we are the talk of Cheshire....
Reviewed July 4, 2014

The Stag really is a perfect country pub. We visited recently on a beautiful summers evening and made the most of an amazing outside area with stunning views over the Cheshire countryside. We were made very welcome by all the staff. Once the sun had dipped we moved indoors to a cosy dining area and enjoyed a wonderful meal. A great night was had by all and we will definitely be returning!

2  Thank Justine B

Reviewed July 4, 2014

I recently organised a girly get together for a friends 40th at the Stag and what a wonderful evening it was! The food was delicious, the waitress Paula was extremely attentive and to top it the owner made a real fuss of us he is somewhat eccentric, generous and fun! I shall be returning!
Katie Roche

1  Thank Katie R
Reviewed July 4, 2014

An amazing spread was put on for a friends birthday, gorgeous food and bubbles that were flowing throughout the night, absolute value for money, great atmosphere and not a yapping dog in sight..., owner was cheeky and fun and very hands on, overall a good old girly night out! Thank u x

1  Thank Janeybell1
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Served by a waitress who was very obviously chewing gum! Off putting to say the least. She wasn't very good. Forgot who was having what despite having taken our orders. (3 of us)
The food was, however delicious but, not presented as in your other reviewers pics. Took ages to get the bill and when we did, they had charged double for drinks. The very nice lady taking the money immediately rectified this . Not the best meal I had in this area during my two week trip.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Upon our first visit to The Stags head it seemed very appealing. As a birthday treat we visited the pub for lunch after reading reviews on this site, there was a good choice of food on the menu and the overall atmosphere was welcoming. However, front of house let down the fantastic effort the chef made with our food which in fact was excellent. My wine glass appeared dirty and the seating we were shown to was ripped right down the seam, but my biggest disappointment was just as I was finishing my lovely meal we were interrupted by a yapping dog being sat down on the next table to where we were sat! I asked the waitress why dogs were allowed and all I got was 'well it is a pub' with no regard for us as customers! There was no overall consideration for other guests and I personally thought it was unhygienic to have a yapping dog sat next to you whilst eating. I was looking forward to sampling the desert menu and returning to try out the menu on a different occasion but I quickly asked for the bill and cut my visit short and would not return. Granted pubs can accommodate animals if they require but surely it would of been more appropriate to sit the family with dog in a part of the pub where it clearly wouldn't disturb other guests!

1  Thank Donna P