“Loved it!”
Review of Stag's Head Great Warford - CLOSED

Stag's Head Great Warford
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Situated in the stunning cheshire countryside, The Stag is a family friendly traditional pub providing impeccable service, fresh homemade food and an excellent range of wine, cask ales & champagne to all that visit.Here at The Stag, we use only the best locally sourced produce enabling our experienced, Award Winning Chef and his team to deliver the best of British cuisine.Choose from our extensive menu or blackboard specials and enjoy your meal in one of our cosy dining rooms with open fires or out in the sun on our fabulous new decking area which overlooks our large, child friendly garden and beautiful Cheshire countryside.What better venue to hold a special event! we cater for all occasions with each event taylor made to suit your individual requirements.Come and visit us very soon and experience first hand why we are the talk of Cheshire....
Lower Withington, United Kingdom
“Loved it!”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

My grandparents have lived near to the Stag ever since I was little, my parents used to go in but it was just your standrad pub and not really somewhere you would eat.
My mum went a few weeks ago with friends and loved it so we deicded to go for sunday lunch. The food was just lovely I couldn't fault it at all! Even the vegetables were great!!
The e service was always perfect, they never pushed us and never left us for too long wihout checking how we were. I have a 13 year old brother and they asked if he wanted to see the kids menu, unfortunately he wasn't hungry so we didn't see what kids food they did, but on a sunday the waitress did say they would do a small roast if needed.
I had the roast lamb, my mum the roast beef and my boyfriend the Stag burger - all of which we loved and cleaned the plates! For pudding we shared a sticky toffee pudding and creme brulle. The sticky toffee was so light and not to heavy (especially after we had devoured a roast dinner) and the creme brulle was not too "sickly" it was just write.

We will definately be going back - next time with my grandparents who live just a stone's throw away!

• Visited February 2013

Manchester
“Smashing service, roaring fire, fine food!”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I'd heard alot about this place on Twitter, followed them and in response to their question of " Have you dined with us recently?" replied, NO - but we would like to and booked a table with them by Twitter. All was confirmed and they even asked if it was for a special occasion!

We arrived on Saturday only to be told that we were not down on the list, no reservation was there but the waitress assured us immediately it was not a problem and they would fit us in right then! Great stuff, she also apologised and said wasn't sure how that had happened.

We were seated in the front room, right next to the fire. Comfyseats, a tartan carpet, pictures of stags and a fabulous fireplace made an impressive and comfortable place to sit.

There was an extensive menu above the fire - huge choice of starters and main courses ( although I had received many tweets about specials for 2 and 3 courses - none to be seen :-( )

Special mention for the girl who served us - she had a green jumper on! She was really welcoming, polite and helpful and did a grand job of looking after everyone!

Starters were fab - shredded duck and pancetta salad and fish cakes with a dipping sauce. Mains - I had lasgane which was delicious, my partner had the pork tenderloin which he pronounced
" adequate" - quite unlike him , he said it was cooked nicely but lacked taste? The chips though were " absolutely amazing". We spied Fish and Chips on the next table - and both had food envy! The Fish looked fantastic! Huge and very crispy!

No room for puddings - just as well as due to staff shortage - they were not able to serve them - a difficult decision communicated well by the waitress. £64 with a bottle of wine and 3 cokes :-)

One small observation - the bar area....if all stools are taken at the bar - which they were - there is nowhere comfortable to sit and wait and have a drink? It's quite a small area with nowhere to really stand - we felt like we were standing in line for a table....but we will definintely return!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank ManchesterNumpty
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Welcoming staff with excellent food”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We attended in large family group early saturday evening. Warmly welcome by the sraff we were shown to our table in a front room near a roaring log fire. The Stags Head is a pub in every meaning of the word. It was full of locals enjoyng some of the excellent beers on offer. The menu is on a large chalkboard and has a comprehensive range of starters and mains. My chice of potatoes and chorizo was outstanding in terms of flavour ans seasoned to perfeection, my main sirlion was generous in portion with large quantity of chunky chips and side salad. All of the diners in our party of 11 had a equally enjoyable dining experience. Our one vegetarian was also well catered for and had a good chat with the staff in relation to how any of the dishes on offer might to tweeked to suit. This location has an open feel of traditional pub with an excellently executed menu. I will return when ever possible. However I would suggest that this is not a very romantic venue in my view.

1 Thank suirtean
Macclesfield, UK
“Outstanding food and service”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Traditional country pub with a lovely atmosphere and outstanding home cooked food. It is family friendly and the staff were very attentive throughout.
It has been a long time since we have visited such a great pub and I can see why it has become very popular. Old style pub with a twist, the standard of food and menu was second to none in the area. I cannot recommend it enough.

Manchester
“Birthday treat”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Booked a table at the Stag for my bday celebration with a few friends. What a pleasant experience! Locally sourced food, a varied and exiting menu along with a great selection of wines. Deliberated over the list of tantalising dishes. We were not disappointed and clean plates all round ! The Stag ticks every box, great food, very helpful and friendly staff and a cosy pub atmosphere. We were made to feel very welcome and will be visiting again very soon. Although we visited in winter, the rear of the pub has a pleasant seating/dining area with ample room for children to play and I can imagine the place bustling with families in better weather. Thanks to all the staff for a super night - and see you all very soon !!