“The perfect place for that special occasion”

Alderley Edge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Alderley Edge
Manchester, United Kingdom
“The perfect place for that special occasion”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I have just returned from a stay at the Alderley Edge Hotel. I booked the hotel as a suprise to my partner as I was going to propose. When I mentioned this to the hotel they went above and beyond to make our stay memorable. Including a free upgrade to the Delamere suite which was spotless , spacious and had everything you would need , also I booked a table in the restaraunt as I had read a number of reviews stating how good it was and we were not dissapointed beautiful food and excellent service . And when I asked if I could change my dining time from when I originally booked they even made that possible which we were both really grateful for as this was one of the busiest nights of the year.
I would also like to mention how nice the breakfast was because a previous review said it was extautinate . For me and my partner
We both agreed for the choice and quality of food it was well worth it plus the fact it's silver service . Not a buffet !!!!
I would also like to add how efficient the room service was the few times we ordered it was no problem and delivered in minutes .
Finally a personal thanks to the Bar staff for there friendly service and warmth for our special occasion.

• Stayed December 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a night last weekend with my husband. Location is fab, 2 min walk into alderley edge. Our room was amazing, staff were excellent! The guy behind the bar was great and organised us a taxi to the restaurant(it's up a very steep hill so don't even think about going down it in heels)- although going up after a few wines was fine! The breakfast the next morning was stunning,huge choice and beautifully cooked! 5 stars across the board!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nickypudsley
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Away on biz and really happy with this place. Staff are excellent, attentive and friendly. Good really decent and my (upgraded) room is lovely.

Only criticism would be the shabby decor in the quieter and less used parts of the hotel on the ground floor but overall, really good.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We were in the area for a party. Our double room was small but had what we needed. The bathroom was very dated.
The towel rail is that hot your burn your fingers.
£17 for breakfast per person is outrageous. Cold beans and cold toast. Tea and coffee pots that you can't pick up even with a tissue!
Far too overpriced. Think you are paying for the name and the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank LKPAA25
Sandbach, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Booked a last minute offer that included taster menu and wine. Upgraded to a fabulous suite, thank you. The hotel staff was attentive and extremely helpful. Excellent value for money. Will certainly return.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Winsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We have stayed at the Alderley edge hotel on several occasions and each time we cannot fault the quality and the service, this was our wedding anniversary and the staff made it a special day, we had lunch Brasserie and ate out in the evening, the previous time we had dinner in the hotels restaurant and wish we had done so again. Nothing is to much trouble for the staff and my wife and I thoroughly even joyed our stay again.
Thank you the Alderley edge hotel, see you again soon.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Lyon, France
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I was there for business. An old typically English hotel but recently renovated. Very small room with even smaller old bathroom. But if you just stay there for the night, it is a perfect hotel. Good English breakfast. Some difficulties with internet (as frequent in old English hotels).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
De Vere Cranage Estate
Cottons Hotel & Spa
Cottons Hotel & Spa
#2 of 9 in Knutsford

Been to Alderley Edge Hotel? Share your experiences!