“The restaurant in the Alderley Edge Hotel”

Alderley Edge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Alderley Edge
Manchester, United Kingdom
“The restaurant in the Alderley Edge Hotel”
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Although this restaurant is expensive, the food is delicious and the staff are very attentive and professional. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Lesley Parkinson

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Manchester UK
Reviewed December 30, 2011

On arrival we were greeted by exceptionally friendly staff.

Room was extremely small overlooking the gardens at the rear and was slightly dated, comprising: super small TV (laptop size), coffee making, poor WiFi connection (better in lounge), no safe or robes and surprisingly no duvet but traditional quilt and blankets. Bed was comfortable.

Bathroom comprised an over bath shower with curtain, but poor drainage from bath resulted in having to stand in a foot of water. Lots of fresh towels and nice toiletries.

Breakfast served in the conservatory was excellent, with lots of choice and again super friendly staff.

Reasonable stay for the price paid and only 5 minutes walk to the restaurants and bars in the village, I would return.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
London
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Whenever I write a review of a hotel for TA, I always try to be balanced and write about both the good things and the bad things, but to be honest I'm struggling to think of anything bad to say about this place. So the bad things I have to say here may come across as nitpicking.

That said, let's get the bad things out of the way first. The water was a bit slow to flow out of the bath, so I ended up with maybe half an inch of water round my feet by the time I'd finished in the shower. There was no wifi access in my bedroom (I didn't try in other areas of the hotel). That's really all that I can think of that's negative.

Now, the good things. Oh boy, where to start? I think it has to be the restaurant. The restaurant was AWESOME! Did you get that? AWESOME! I had one of the best meals I've had for a long time. My main course was pheasant, which apparently had been cooked to 58 degrees C. This, if you're not familiar with such things, is a much lower temperature than you'd usually cook pheasant (I'd normally cook it to 75). The chef has a cunning way of doing it which means that it's still properly cooked through, but comes out deliciously tender. Starters and deserts were excellent as well, as was the service. The wine list was not only quite extensive, but also had some extremely reasonably priced wines as well, so you can still enjoy fine dining without breaking the bank. We had a Macon Villages, which was excellent, and only £20 for the bottle. I'd normally expect to pay about double that in a restaurant of this quality. Did I mention that the restaurant was AWESOME?

The bedroom was not overly large, but very well designed with plenty of storage space, so it didn't feel cramped. It was kitted out to a high standard with comfortable furnishings and a lovely bathroom.

Staff were, without exception, both professional and friendly.

Really, this is an excellent hotel. The price of my room was also astonishingly good value, at just over £100 including breakfast (although I should mention that it had been booked for business, and there may have been some corporate discount involved, so I'm not promising you'll get the same rate).

I'm going to have to find a reason to stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask about wifi access if that's important to you: it may be that soom rooms have a better signal...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Chartham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 10, 2011

I spent two nights at this hotel for a friend's wedding recently, and must say it was a fantastic experience.

Staff were friendly, polite and helpful - and always had a "good morning" ready for guests.

My room was clean, comfortable and quiet. The TV was a bit small, and Wifi didn't quite reach the upper floor, but apart from that it was perfect.

Breakfast consisted of a buffet with a wide choice of cereals, juices and all the ingredients to a traditional English breakfast. The bar was warm and welcoming, and even had a pianist in the evening.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to couples looking for a quiet and relaxing break with a touch of class.

• Stayed October 2011
North West
Reviewed August 24, 2011

We booked our wedding at the Alderley Edge Hotel, and the day couldnt have gone smoother! The ceremony, wedding breakfast, and evening reception were all held here, and many guests, including my new husband and I stayed overnight.

Gaynor, Dawn, Paul & Jamie were the 4 main people we dealt with - they were able to provide very good timetables, ensure the staff were all well informed, and make sure everything ran smoothly. They also ensured that unusual requests were dealt with - particular drinks, diets, a candy buffet in the evening etc, in a way which meant we only had to discuss it once. The hotel staff were amazing and everything done with our guests barely noticing. For example my aunty dropped her napkin on the way to the loo, and returned to find it freshly folded, and her glass refilled.

Everybody was very happy with the food, which was a very good quality, and house wines. Bedrooms were very clean; toiletries good, and the champagne and fresh fruit in the bridal suite were delightful touches!

A really thoughtful hotel who helped make our day amazing!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 8, 2011

We had our wedding reception and night do at Alderley Edge Hotel in May and from the initial booking to the morning after they took away any stress or hassle and played a key part in making our wedding day the best day of our lives (as the cliché goes!).
Gaynor, the Wedding co-ordinator’s experience and attention to detail puts your mind at ease-she even provides you with a list of things you are planning to bring on the day. She also recommended a fantastic florist (Jellie Studio of Altrincham) after my original florist had double booked me! On the day itself we had a last minute guest change and our event manager, James made the necessary changes to seating arrangements straightaway without anyone knowing. During the whole day James was on hand to ensure the day ran smoothly and dealt with any requests promptly.

Accommodation
We had requested a series of rooms for our friends and family, including my 95 year old nan who needed extra pillows, which were all accommodated seamlessly. Our room was the renovated Henbury suite, and although I didn’t spend that long in our room, the bed was extremely comfortable and the room was nicely decorated and spacious.

The food at our wedding and breakfast was to die for- something a lot of friends remarked on afterwards. We will defiantly be going for Sunday lunch their soon!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DonnaL83
Dorset
Reviewed May 20, 2011

We stayed in a standard room with a published rate of £130. The room was very small for the price and could only accomodate a 4ft 6inch bed. If you sat on the loo then your elbow was jambed against the door. The decor/fittings were very tired and the room had a large1980s style mock antique tv cabinet that contained a small flat screen. For goodness sake - lose the cabinet, put the flat screen on the wall and try to make more room.

The breakfast was fine - good choice and quality. The evening meal was mixed - trying to be clever (lots of fusion) but without the skill to quite pull it off. Very, very over priced.The hotel is a short stroll from the high street where you will find a good range of places to eat at half the price.

Staff friendly. Overall, over rated and over priced, give it a miss.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
The Stanneylands
The Stanneylands
#4 of 5 in Wilmslow
Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club

Been to Alderley Edge Hotel? Share your experiences!