“Very disappointing Sunday lunch with family”
Review of The Grill on The Edge - CLOSED

The Grill on The Edge
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Ate yesterday afternoon 29th June,
Firstly we had to wait 20minutes for drinks, it wasn't really that busy either.
So onto the starters we ordered the sharing plate £14.95 for my partner and I nothing was hot all Luke warm also the squid was like chewing an elastic band!
The childrens meals came out we had ordered them Chucky egg and soldiers now when you serve soldiers with an egg you would instantly think of a nice runny egg, but this one was hard boiled!
My other child had what was described as plaice strips, there was no way they were plaice it was cheap white fish, her mother cut the fingers of fish up and commented that they were a funny grey colour I dismissed it and carried on eating my starter (typical dad I know!) after I finished my starter I noticed my daughter hadn't eaten many of her fish fingers, so I started to help her, and to my disgust they were still raw and frozen!!! I spat it out and told my daughter not to eat any more!
They apologised and brought her a fresh one, she didn't eat any of it I'm just glad that I had eaten the raw fish not my daughter, she could of been seriously ill.
So onto the main course roast chicken dinner, came out tough and pink with deep fried potatoes meant to be roast unseasoned cabbage, crushed carrot which hadn't been peeled and a Yorkshire pudding. Yes PINK chicken I asked the waiter to take it away I had already been served raw fish!
My partner had chicken in a parsley sauce it was very bland and just not very nice.
The manager apologised took the food off the bill, and we just got charged for the drinks.
Would never go again, shame great atmosphere.

2  Thank paulyc1974
LivingVentures, Public Relations Manager at The Grill on The Edge, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Dear paulyc1974,

May I apologise for your recent experience when dining with us. I would appreciate if you could contact me to discuss this matter further on alderleybdm@blackhouse.uk.com.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

Well, first we were seated outside and the bench we were seated on broke! We moved inside and there was nice live music. We were not impressed with the food, my colleagues steak sandwich had very little steak and my chicken burger was dry and tasteless. Not recommended

2  Thank saiyuri m

Hi SnippetStation,

We are disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your visit with us. I have spoken to the Manager on duty who informed me that after the unfortunate incident with the bench he took a round of drinks off your bill as a gesture of goodwill and upon asking if everything was okay with your meal at no point did you mention that you were unhappy. If we had known that you did not think your food was up to the standard it should be, we would have happily arranged a replacement meal for you.
We pride ourselves on the quality of our food and unfortunately on this occasion you were let down. As stated, if anyone ever has a problem during their dining experience with us, we will always try our best to resolve the matter there and then so that you leave the restaurant happy.

Should you wish to discuss this further, please email me on alderleybdm@blackhouse.uk.com.

Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

We had no reservation in a busy night and the team sat us down within 20 mins, great food, excellent service and good staff.
We eat there at least once a month and can not fault it.

LivingVentures, Public Relations Manager at The Grill on The Edge, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear alexben9,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review- we look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Many Thanks,

Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

The service was awful. Food taken away without even an ask if it was acceptable. Incorrect bill. Nothing more than an over priced burger bar. Steak was tough. Would not return and certainly would not recomend very disappointed.

2  Thank darkangel1
LivingVentures, Public Relations Manager at The Grill on The Edge, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Dear DarkAngel1,

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your recent visit and would appreciate if you could contact our General Manager Andrew to discuss this matter further on 01625 599872 or email us at grillontheedge@blackhouse.uk.com.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Absolutely fantastic, one of the best places to eat. I now find myself here a couple times a month. You can never fault the food, staff or atmosphere in this place. Nothing is ever to much trouble and the cocktails are out of this world!!
Keep up the good work

Dear Jackichesh,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review- it has been wonderful getting to know you over the past few months and we look forward to seeing you again very soon for a BIsongrass Cooler or two!

Many Thanks,