“Outstanding A*****”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Devon, England
“Outstanding A*****”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Absolutely fantastic, one of the best places to eat. I now find myself here a couple times a month. You can never fault the food, staff or atmosphere in this place. Nothing is ever to much trouble and the cocktails are out of this world!!
Keep up the good work

• Visited May 2014
LivingVentures, Public Relations Manager at The Grill on The Edge, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear Jackichesh,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review- it has been wonderful getting to know you over the past few months and we look forward to seeing you again very soon for a BIsongrass Cooler or two!

Many Thanks,

Wilmslow, United Kingdom
“Excellent atmosphere, brilliant staff”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I visited here last week and have to say it was one of the best dining experiences I have had recently. The food was good, perhaps not excellent, but what made it for me was the exceptional service and atmosphere. Our waiter was genuinely interested to see that we had a good time and and was friendly and chatty, but without being over to the top or too familiar. Will definately be returning for more!

Dear John S,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We work hard with our staff to ensure that our guests receive the best possible service and it is always nice to hear that this has been received!
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Grill on The Edge very soon!

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great food & staff :)”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I recently visited the grill and had a fab time. The food was great, especially the bang bang chicken skewers, my husband loved the duck spring rolls also.
Apart from the food though I really enjoyed our visit, we have a four year old little girl and the waitress was so good with her, she didn't make us wait for anything and had colouring bits waiting for us. Our little girl even keeps asking to go back again. Trust me we will be returning and I can't wait to try a Saturday night with just my husband as I love the setting and environment.

• Visited April 2014
Dear JessB,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit with us- the duck spring rolls are definitely a firm favourite here at The Grill!

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back very soon.

cheshire
“Empty restaurant and we still got ignored”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We went with our two young children to grill on the edge as it was my birthday and thought it would be nice not to cook. We booked a table for 4pm as children are only young. We arrived to a empty restaurant and were seated however no one gave us menus for about 10 minutes. When we eventually did get them it then took 10 more minutes to get drinks. When the food came mine and my husbands food came first it then was about 5 minutes until the children's food arrived as the restaurant was empty I have no idea what the delay was and there was no apology.
When the food was cleared I asked for the children's puddings however this again took 20 minutes to arrive as it was a apple and a ice cream I have no idea why. We had to ask for the bill 3 times at which point I complained. The manager was nice and did knock some money of the bill however it was the worse service I have ever experienced. I have eaten at lots of the grill on the chains and am normally very happy with food and service however this venture seems to have gone down hill. I dread to think what the service is like when restaurant is full.

2 Thank CheshireHoneymoon
Dear CheshireHoneymoon,

I can only apologise for your recent dining experience with us. As a frequent diner at Blackhouse, you will know that the service you received is not what is to be expected.

I would appreciate if you could contact our General Manager Andrew to discuss your visit further on 01625 599872 or email grillontheedge@blackhouse.uk.com.

Sarha Thornton-Brookes
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Lovely meal for the family”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Popped in on the off chance, had a lovely meal with wine. The waiter was happy with some great advice on the steaks on offer and the choices of reds. I image this place will be lovely to sit outside with a pint on a summers evening

• Visited April 2014
LivingVentures, Public Relations Manager at The Grill on The Edge, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Brattyhands,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us- you're right, in the Summer sitting outside and enjoying a cocktail or two is a wonderful way to spend an evening!

We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Sarha Thornton-Brookes