“Very good! ”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

As a fan of the Covent Garden and Milton Keynes branches I thought I would give this one a try and despite some bad reviews I wasn't deterred. My work colleague and I visited on a Wednesday evening and we weren't disappointed in the slightest! Yes it was quiet but a handful of tables and everyone seemed happy! The Oysters were great as always, the salmon was delicious and my colleague had the lobster which was also very good! David was out host and he was brilliant! Very helpful and keen to offer his advice on the dishes! All in all a very nice evening, very relaxed!

Reviewed July 15, 2014

I ate here with some work colleagues on a Tuesday lunchtime and when we sat down at our table at around 1pm, we were the only diners in the restaurant. After that, only a couple more tables were filled, leaving the restaurant very empty.

My colleagues did enjoy their food but one noted that the size of the sea bass she received for her mains was very small.

However I found my meal to be distinctly lacking. I started with minted pea risotto with soft poached egg. When it came, it looked very nice but on sampling it, it did taste of not very much. There was no mint in the dish and the egg was more hard than soft poached. For mains, I had salmon with potatoes and I also ordered from the menu, the salad of rocket, parmesan and balsamic dressing. When the salad arrived, it was just the rocket with the other 2 elements missing. For dessert I ordered pear frangipane tart with crème anglais. When this arrived, the pear was warm but there was no taste of pear in it, however the crème anglais was stone cold.

I did not want to complain as we were having a business meeting over lunch. However I couldn't believe some of the basic errors with my meal when the restaurant was so quiet.

I have eaten here before and it has been very nice but I can understand that if this is the level of service on a quiet day, why it will perhaps remain empty.

Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

I went to Loch Fyne on Thursday 10th July.

We were greeted quickly and taken to our table straight away. So far so good. We then waited 20 or so minutes for our drinks order to be taken. Less than ideal given the (unusually for England) hot weather.

Once our food and drink order was taken by the rather stressed looking chef (yes, I mean chef not waiter!) our drinks arrived quickly, along with the requested basket of bread with oil and balsamic vinegar (yum!).

Our starters arrived quickly - delicious tempura squid with chilli jam and we were offered a second round of drinks.

The main course was just as delicious - a seafood risotto which was more fish than rice which suited me fine!

For a Thursday night, the restaurant was extremely busy (almost full to capacity) and this seemed to have taken the restaurant by surprise as there were not enough staff members available. We barely saw any waiting staff on this visit - this however is not necessarily a complaint as we quite enjoy being left to enjoy our meal rather than being harassed!

We were given an apology for the "shocking service" (their words, not ours!) and an offer of free drinks on our next visit.

In summary, lovely food and I would recommend visiting.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

This venue is seen as the posh restaurant to go to in alderley edge (and that is going some given the area) and as a result you expect something a little more special than anywhere else. The food was fresh, nice and served promptly. The service was polite, helpful and welcoming. The atmosphere was pleasant. Despite all of these there seemed to be something missing. The panacotta was a little too firm, many of the clams were empty, the visit Scotland competition leaflet handed out with the bill was out of date, tap water wasn't offered as a standard practice, the internal decor lacks a wow factor or much association to loch fyne in Scotland. A good, pleasant experience but could be an amazing fish restaurant.

1  Thank MStow
Reviewed July 3, 2014

The best part about this restaurant was the hand soap in the toilet. Staff were ridiculously slow. We must of waited at least an hour and a half for our food. Food was average and not worth the money. Will not be going back to the Loch Fyne and i would advise everybody else to stay well clear!

1  Thank Luke G