All reviews camelot suite wizardry suite four poster bed ginger cake magical stay knick knacks thatched cottage unique place to stay bars and restaurants cd player main bedroom high street living room national trust romantic break wedding night village cafe
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Wizards Thatch is a very different cottage in a perfect location. The Merlin Suite is on the first floor that can be reached by steep stairs. It is very private and abundantly furnished. Some things are not very practical, but the whole concept is unique. The overall stay was very pleasant. The only real issue may be fire safety as it is not obvious how to get out of the Merlin Suite in case of fire. All in all, we had a wonderful stay.

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

What can I say, this magical little cottage is definitely worth a visit. It's in a fantastically, beautiful location. We stayed in the wizardry suite and it was absolutely beautiful and very very romantic, it's literally like stepping back in time, a home away from home. A lot of time and effort has gone in to making this a totally magical experience. Our host Ian was very friendly and very helpful, always on hand to answer any questions or tend to any of our needs, absolutely lovely guy. There are plenty of lovely restaurants within walking distance of the cottage, we particularly enjoyed the Italian restaurant Gusto.
There are plenty of things to do and see in and around the area and if you enjoy national trust then you will be in your element.
We shall definitely be visiting again.
Thanks Amelia

Room tip: The Wizardry was totally magical, very cosy, extremely quiet.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I booked all four suites for some of my family as a surprise and they let me have a good look round this special venue. They were all absolutely spellbound by this amazing 400-year old cottage - both by its age and that it is such a unique building You feel as though you have stepped back in time to the peace of a bygone era (a welcome feeling after our busy and noisy world!). There is much to absorb as the furnishings of the cottage match the style of the era and it contains many unusual ornaments and curios to hold your interest. Though this lovely venue is old there are all the 'mod cons' of our present-day life discreetly built into it for your comfort and entertainment which should satisfy the most discerning guest. It really is the most magical place that my family or I have ever visited. Free parking is available to guests very close by and Alderley Edge village is within easy walking distance also, where there is an excellent choice of Restaurants and Bars. The owner of this wonderful venue, Ian Lambert, is a delightful man and will help and advise you in any way you require I am sure.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The owner, Ian allowed my wife and I to move in before 4 pm, which we appreciated. I parked my car at the front of the house, He asked me to move it to the church car park, he later kindly agreed to allow me to leave it there, maybe because he realised I was a disabled driver. The stairs to Merlin are steep. More handles on the stair case are needed. Ian carried our luggage up the stairs, I could not have done it by myself. Room immaculately clean. All everyone would want, except no ice tray in the freezer compartment of the fridge. Mattress seemed old. Ian seemed pre-occupied with his exposure on 4 in a Bed where breakfast is provided. I could not stay there again due to the steep stairs as next time I could not rely on help from Ian getting the luggage up and down the stairs. Not sure if it is advertised on Airb&b, if it is it should not be as there is no breakfast offered.

Room tip: Beware the stairs
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Third time of visiting,- and to confirm someone elses comment a ' Magical Stay'.Ive stayed in different rooms - but both equally as good. Ian couldn't be more helpful.
A comfortable bed - off road parking round the corner, and central for great food and drink. The Wizard pub up the road is a fine place to eat.

Room tip: You will not be disappointed with whichever room is available,
  • Trip type: Traveled on business