Wizards Thatch at Alderley Edge
$102
Priceline
Alderley Edge Hotel(Alderley Edge)
$99
$96
Travelocity
The Wilmslow Lodge(Wilmslow)(Great Value!)
$75
$91
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Mottram Hall(Mottram St. Andrew)
$341
$53
Agoda.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewscamelot suitefour poster bedwizardry suiteginger cakemagical place to stayharry potterknick knacksthatched cottagebars and restaurantsmain bedroomhigh streetcd playerliving roomromantic breaknational trustmod consvillage cafe
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 3, 2011

The location could not be any different to ones we have stayed in before - the building and our room was amazing! Lots of fun in a 400 year old truly remarkable establishment. We will be recommending it to our friends and thanks to Ian and his family / team for the personal touches. We also had a wonderful meal in Alderley Edge which is 1 minutes walk from the Wizaeds Thatch.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2011

This place is like a fairy tale cottage , we have visited twice and have been amazed both times as to how beautiful it is
It truly is the most romantic place in the world

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2011

My husband and I stayed in the Wizardary for two nights (18th -19th Dec) and all I can say is go and stay there and experience this for yourselves! Even after reading all the wonderful reviews, we were both totally blown away by the service, the attention to detail, the cleanliness and the complete splendour of the most gorgeous place I have ever stayed in my life! We had a gorgeous champagne/ chocolate reception and a lovely warm and friendly welcome from Ian.
Upon entering the suite, I actually felt quite emotional. We could not take in the absolute beauty of this place and to say that something seems 'magical' at our age (40!) seems.....well,, far fetched and unbelievable - but trust me, you will know what I mean if you have ever stayed here!!! And if you haven’t stayed here – then do! Book now! We will certainly be visiting again soon.
We took a picnic hamper upon the advice of a few reviewers (excellent tip) and apart from a stroll along the nearby shops and bars on the Saturday afternoon and a lovely walk on the Sunday morning on ‘The Edge’ we stayed in the whole time. We looked at the old board games, played Solitaire and read the many old newspapers that are in the suite. It is like you are in another world!
The hospitality of Ian is second to none, and never before have I experienced what he did for us during our stay! An additional night for free!!. Our Christmas certainly started at Wizards Thatch!!
Thank you soooooo much Ian. Apologies for the late review - I am still to download the masses of photographs that I have on my camera but I will upload them shortly to share with others!
Julie and Gary Wall.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2011

A thatched. ivy-clad house full of charm and wonder. Ian, the owner, was very enthusiastic, friendly and informative about the building and surrounding area. Once inside the Camelot suite we felt we had gone back in time. Furnishings were sumputious with many oak beams and panels and there was much attention given to detail. The extra large four poster bed was a dream to sleep in and the whole building was very atmospheric. The flowers, champagne and chocolates added to the special welcome.
A fantastic stay, like no other and was over all too quickly. We hope to re-visit some day.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2011

An amazing place for a getaway. Whether you want everything you need is within walking distance whether it's good restaurants or the views from the Edge. You couldn't ask for a more helpful and welcoming proprietor. The suites are quirky and full of character and have everything you need.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple