“Very disappointed and fundamental error in food prep/ cooking”

Alderley Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Alderley Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 38 Restaurants in Alderley Edge
Cuisines: French, British
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Have been visiting this restaurant for over 10 years. My crab on toast starter contained shell and the toast was burnt around the edges. The sirloin steak was ordered as medium and was cooked well done. Also, it had an unpleasant taste. Service was fine. I was with colleagues from work including Sweden and Poland visitors and their English is excellent but interestingly they found the menu very confusing. We visited Wednesday 23rd April and the restaurant was empty - now I know why.

1  Thank SK9_Lady
There are newer reviews for Alderley Bar & Grill

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Went to the Bar & Grill for an informal business meal for 4. Service very attentive and relaxed. A couple of things missing off the menu but was warned upfront. Unfortunately chosen wine was also off the menu however reccomendation that we received instead was fairly priced and superb quality.

Main meal we all had steak. I dont have the largest apeitite and the portion size was good for me however others in the party did comment that it was a little small. Cooked exactly as ordered and no complaints.

All in all well reccomended for this type of requirement

Reviewed March 20, 2014

We celebrated our wedding anniversary by having lunch at this footballers hang out. I had flat iron steak as part of a special lunch menu and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the steak. Chips were also excellent. my wife's pasta dish was advertised to be chilli hot but was a little tasteless. When she asked for extra sauce to make it more spicy they brought sweet chilli sauce. The waiter wasn't very friendly with a slight condescending attitude to those paying his wages but the rest of the staff were very good. The Sauvignon Blanc was quite good but expensive at £34 for the quality.We were not made very welcome and I had the feeling that many customers are regulars who like to be fawned over by the staff rather than worry about price in this well heeled village.

1  Thank Kace20
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We visited the restaurant on saturdayFeb 8th to celebrate my Birthday. We booked online for 6 persons and table was ready on time of our arrival 8.30pm. We were seated in a booth upstairs and the ambience was good, as was the food

However I was disappointed with the junior staff who were polite but not briefed on the menu or particularly well trained. We ordered a bottle of Prosecco to start and the server poured 5 full glasses and left one empty. This was embarrasing as I had to order another bottle of prosecco to fill the other glass. Earlier we had a pre- drink and as we were in 3 separate cars
the three drivers could not have any more to drink so it was wasted. As this restaurant is one of the more upmarket eateries in the group I expected better.

On leaving I mentioned discreetly to the manager that I was not happy but he just nodded politely.
I visit many of the groups other restaurant and brands and have a loyalty card

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Superb experience. Our waitress was absolutely lovely made us feel most welcome and the food was beyond beautiful. Best ever steaks yet!