“Meal with friends”

Alderley Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Alderley Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 38 Restaurants in Alderley Edge
Cuisines: French, British
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Had a very enjoyable evening with friends. We were seated in a separate section of the dining area which was very nice. We all had excellent food and the staff were very attentive.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Went here for lunch today with my boyfriend and a friend. Simply the best Sunday Roast we ever had in any restaurant. Will recommend to anyone, also the staff are very friendly and efficient.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

We have just came back this evening from dinner for four of us. It was the third time we have eaten here and again the quality of the food was amazing. We had a mezze to share which is supposed to be for two people but was huge and gorgeous. The lads had the Chateaubriand to share and apparently it was the nicest steak they have every had. I had tandoori sea bass which was lovely and the other person had half a lobster. BUT the size of the lobster was ridiculously small, there was hardly any meat on it for £17 definitely not worth the money at all. It was the smallest lobster i've ever seen. I wouldn't recommend having that dish. I did mention this to the waiter but he disagreed.

For dessert the two women chose a chocolate cocktail, i took one sip and didn't like it. I asked if i could swap it for something else, which i did, but they still charged me for it.

The bill came to £200 for four people and for that much money, we don't even get a free mint or piece of chocolate and they should of take off the cocktail i didn't like or drink, very naughty of them.

The waiter / service was excellent though. But i wouldn't go back there in a hurry. The food was nice, but for not worth the price.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We were invited to the restaurant to celebrate a 21st on Sunday evening (11 August) and were looking forward to it as it is a favourite place of ours and it was a while since we had visited. Unfortunately it was not as we expected, the service was very slow and not very professional - normally the menu would be explained and the specials pointed out, this did not happen. The starters were fine but the main courses were served on cold plates & my husbands steak which was ordered as med - well done was cremated and stone cold, other steaks served did not look hot and by the time the chips and vegetables were served would have probably been cold anyway. The chips varied in temperature and the vegetables were cold mainly because they were served in cold cast iron dishes. As we were part of a party and a guest we did not make any comment but afterwards other guests made exactly the same comments about service and cold food. We also noticed that the red wine ordered was not the one served, again we did not comment as we were not the host. We appreciate that parties can be more difficult to cope with
but have allowed for this before making these comments. There was no problem with the desserts except for how long it took for them to arrive. Overall if we had not been to the restaurant previously and known they were capable of providing good food & service we would not visit again after this experience. We frequently visit Zinc in Manchester and never have any concerns. What has happened to Alderley ?

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We visited the restaurant today to celebrate my sister's 50th birthday. Both the starter and main course for my mother's meal were cold. Her lamb was heated up the first time it came back as the plate was hot but not the food. The second time it came back it was hot but the manager put the food down without a word. My brother's chips were cold and he said they tasted like they were old and had been re-fried. The accompaniments to the mains were tiny (just a small plate of broccoli to go with the fish). For the amount of money the meals cost on the menu, I'm afraid it is most definitely NOT worth it. Needless to say I won't be going back.