“What has happened”

Alderley Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Alderley Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 38 Restaurants in Alderley Edge
Cuisines: French, British
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
“What has happened”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We were invited to the restaurant to celebrate a 21st on Sunday evening (11 August) and were looking forward to it as it is a favourite place of ours and it was a while since we had visited. Unfortunately it was not as we expected, the service was very slow and not very professional - normally the menu would be explained and the specials pointed out, this did not happen. The starters were fine but the main courses were served on cold plates & my husbands steak which was ordered as med - well done was cremated and stone cold, other steaks served did not look hot and by the time the chips and vegetables were served would have probably been cold anyway. The chips varied in temperature and the vegetables were cold mainly because they were served in cold cast iron dishes. As we were part of a party and a guest we did not make any comment but afterwards other guests made exactly the same comments about service and cold food. We also noticed that the red wine ordered was not the one served, again we did not comment as we were not the host. We appreciate that parties can be more difficult to cope with
but have allowed for this before making these comments. There was no problem with the desserts except for how long it took for them to arrive. Overall if we had not been to the restaurant previously and known they were capable of providing good food & service we would not visit again after this experience. We frequently visit Zinc in Manchester and never have any concerns. What has happened to Alderley ?

• Visited August 2013

Congleton, United Kingdom
“Not impressed!!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We visited the restaurant today to celebrate my sister's 50th birthday. Both the starter and main course for my mother's meal were cold. Her lamb was heated up the first time it came back as the plate was hot but not the food. The second time it came back it was hot but the manager put the food down without a word. My brother's chips were cold and he said they tasted like they were old and had been re-fried. The accompaniments to the mains were tiny (just a small plate of broccoli to go with the fish). For the amount of money the meals cost on the menu, I'm afraid it is most definitely NOT worth it. Needless to say I won't be going back.

• Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely food”
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Dined here many times never had a bad meal ! Good menu ! Yes not the cheapest of places but you get what you pay for. Nice atmosphere and decor. I'd definitely recommend ! Can get a little noisey due to lay out !

• Visited June 2013
“Not good”
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Went there last night they don't know how to make piña coladas and the manager when I complained argued back with me Krap wouldn't go there again

• Visited July 2013
UK
“Disapponited this time but we were given refund!”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

You cannot win them all and sometimes things are not always perfect. This night was not, lacking attention to detail, batter on prawns was soggy, steak not to my liking, creme brulee was cold and overall not happy this time and love to eat here, but we did have prawns and steak taken off and they did offer to pay the whole bill, but as I am a nice person I said not just take off what we did not like and they did. I will go back though as I am a huge fan of this group of restaurants and this is the first poor meal in 3 years.

• Visited June 2013