“Very poor”

Alderley Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Alderley Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 38 Restaurants in Alderley Edge
Cuisines: French, British
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed June 26, 2013

The food was very bland, and there wasn't much of it. I ordered crab with pasta, and I got so little crab that all I could taste was the plain pasta, and it was £13. I could have made something twice as good at home for a quarter of the price. The oysters were good, but extremely overpriced. It was 6 for £10. You can get far more for your money at St Clair's in Manchester and they're just as good. My girlfriend ordered a salad and it was tasteless with just a few leaves of lettuce. The waiter also threw a ball of paper that hit her and he said he was aiming for bin, which was no where near us. The only thing that was good there was the atmosphere and surroundings as it is decorated well. I wouldn't mind paying the prices if they served a half decent meal, but the food was terrible.

Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

We went here for a change of scenery. We always go across the road to Gusto but decided to try the bar & grill.
The menu was weighted for grill type meals, steak, etc. however there were a number of interesting main dishes.
The staff were friendly and quite efficient.
A good evening!

1  Thank missjheath
Reviewed May 20, 2013

A friend booked us in here for a birthday dinner and on arrival the welcome was lovely. Coats were taken and table was ready for us.

I feel the table was a bit cramped, like sitting on a small picnic table, but hey thats only a small matter. Our waitress introduced herself in an american style "my name is *** and I'll be your server". I found the service a bit odd. At the start of the night we couldnt have a sip of wine without our glasses being topped up almost immediatley after but as the night went on we were almost forgotten.

The quality of the wine, in my opinion was lacking. The quality did not match the price tag. We had a few bottles of White wine- all below average. I dont mind paying £26 for a bottle of wine in a restaurant but please make it nicer that something I could get at Tesco for £4.99!!

One strange thing too.... when our eager 'server' poured out the last glass from the bottle she always left a bit at the bottom and took the bottle away! 'I could have finished that' was the thoughts of us all! Its not like we were ordering fine vintage with sediment at the bottom.

So with all these concerns I still give it 4 stars? Yes because of one thing and one thing only- The Food. It was fantastic. There were four of us dining having fish, duck and chicken. Every dish was cooked to perfection and was a pleasure on the palate. Starters, mains and desserts all equally so.

Its a nice restaurant, but if your service matched your food this would be simply Fantastic!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Clearly where the flash beau monde go on Saturday night. Heaving & buzzy. Strangers not very welcome even when they are paying £67 a head. Plenty of attention for the regulars. Waiters seem anxious to let you know you are lucky to be let in. Food & wine adequate in a brasserie sort of way.

Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Initially I wasn't sure about going to this restaurant again only because I'd had a difficult day and the thought of being rushed or it being too noisey were not appealing ro say the least. However, I was extremely glad we did. We were not rushed, we took drinks at the bar first. Our request for a table upstairs was not a problem and our waiter was friendly and informative. The food was beautiful however my steak was overcooked but the waiter was exceptional, he took both steaks back so we could still eat together and even gave us some free chips. The whole ambience was busy but relaxed. I will definitely be back very soon.
Try the spring rolls-they are delicious.