“Great food and service”

Alderley Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Alderley Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 38 Restaurants in Alderley Edge
Cuisines: French, British
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
“Great food and service”
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went for a celebratory meal on a Friday night and chose to sit upstairs. Our waiter (Chris) was very attentive and service could not be faulted. My husband had the haddock and I have prawns for starter, both were very tasty and well cooked. We then both had our favourite fillet steaks and they were very good as we're the sides. We couldn't manage a pudding! This restaurant is not cheap and if you want atmosphere without it being too loud I'd recommend sitting upstairs, but I believe it's well worth the treat. The only things stopping it being a 5 is the number of drinkers it attracts on a weekend, making the bar and downstairs a bit noisey for my liking, this also caused the occasional waft of smoke when the front door to the smoking area was open.

1 Thank Tashwa31

Alderley Edge, United Kingdom
“Bit of Quality”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Great ambience if you like it a little lively. The bar is always busy, which would put some people off. Good Menu and although quite expensive the portions are good. Fish specials are great - still recall a Halibut I had last year!

Visited December 2012
2 Thank SteveCollins-1803
Anglesey, United Kingdom
“Over priced and over rated”
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

This place has no atmosphere. Not a place to go unless you want to pay over the odds. the post code doesn't make a bar!! 2 pints and 2 small white wines..... No change from a £20 note. Didn't eat but what food I saw looked boring and not enough to fill a small child. The bar was very small as the eating area took up half of the room and most seats were empty. The bar staff were lovely though.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Poor overpriced food in a nice setting”
Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Met by very pleasant staff and a warm welcome this lunchtime, food didn't take to long to arrive, about 30 mins, but it went downhill from there, one dish was incorrect ( although this was removed from the bill without asking) but the remaining dishes were luke warm at best, the fries were so crispy they cut the inside of my mouth and the burgers had very little taste if any, this is basic grill food so we thought this would be the best. We will try again next week with some special offer vouchers that we were given and see if the food is better, waiting staff was excellent. Although beware 10% service charge is automatically added to the bill!

Wilmslow
“Poor food”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I visited this restaurant on a Sunday evening with my husband. We ordered chateaubriand which was very disappointing. The baked alaska was even worse. Very expensive, poor quality food. Great for posers to sip champagne but nothing more. Better restaurants in Alderley Edge.

• Visited September 2012