“Always very good”

Alderley Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Alderley Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 38 Restaurants in Alderley Edge
Cuisines: French, British
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Cocktails are divine, food is always of a high standard it is always very good only thing I can fault it on is they stopped doing mascarpone with the brownies and no it is cream and just not the same bring back the mascarpone!!!!

There are newer reviews for Alderley Bar & Grill

Reviewed February 26, 2012

Very good, consistent food and pricing, nice atmosphere.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We dined here on a Saturday night and found the whole experience to be excellent. We arrived around 7.20, for a 7.30 booking, but weren't rushed in anyway. We were asked if we would like a drink at the bar first before we were seated. When we were seated we were given several options and chose to sit upstairs in a booth. This is a really busy restaurant bar and if you are looking to hold any sort of conversation then probably better to eat upstairs. Downstairs does have a great atmosphere though, just depends on the sort of night you're after. Service was prompt, informal and very efficient. The food came at a steady rate and was nice and hot. I don't know much about steaks, but the rib eye was top class as was the asian sharing platter to start. The only down side - 3 courser meal for two with a reasonably decent bottle of wine, a couple of gin and tonics and tip came in at nearly £150.00. I've eaten at Michelin starred restaurants for less! That said it is a great restaurant with excellent food and service so deserves its 5 star rating despite the food prices matching the house prices in the area!

Reviewed February 19, 2012

Recommending the Fish Pie and definitely the Mussels with Garlic Bread and the tiny pot of French Fries. Loved the restaurant manager, he even remembered that I drank hot water with a slice of lime and a dash of lemonade .. and I hadn't been in for at least a month. Very impressed with the decor, cleanliness and especially the atmosphere. Always packed so book a table.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

Having eaten in Bar and Grill a few times I usually enjoy it however recently friends had told me of not so good experiences so decided to try again for myself and was really disappointed. The restaurant was half full but they seated us in corner right next to another table so we couldn't help but join in on their conversation as we were so close. We asked to move which the manager sorted for us in a very polite and friendly manner. Starters were nice but had to wait about 30mins for them to arrive. The mains then followed 40mins after the starters were taken away with my partners duck overcooked with hardly any meat. Staff were friendly but seemed understaffed as were running round and couldn't give any attention that was needed. We had to wait 15mins just for the card machine to arrive to pay the bill. Don't think I'll be going again.

1  Thank Tim L