“Sgposhbird”

Elme Hall Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Wisbech
“Sgposhbird”
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

Arrived late in the evening and the night porter (cedric) could not have been more helpful. Explained we had had a 6 hour journey and we were to late for the restaurant but would he be able to arrange a sandwich.
After booking us in he said he would see what he could arrange. He came to our room and explained that he had arranged for us to have a cooked meal.
He recommended the steak which we accepted and was excellent.
The service he provided was second to none.
The rooms were spotless and all amenities provided. Only downside was the rooms were very warm with no air flow.
Breakfast was good and the service was attentive.
I would book and use again without hesitation.
Cedric made our stay above average and is a credit to the hotel.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Poshbir
muguetu, Public Relations Manager at Elme Hall Hotel, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
We are so pleased you have taken time to review your stay with us, I have passed your kind comments on to Cedric, he says Hi.
It is nice to know that our late night reception and services to guests is so appreciated.
We hope to welcome you again soon.
Bye Bye

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Earby, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Ideal base for touring the area. We had bed & breakfast, which was very good - cooked or continental breakfast buffet. The bedroom is adequate for a 2 - 3 night stay. very welcoming staff and the rooms were cleaned everyday. We stayed for three nights and went and visited different towns each day.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank carol h
muguetu, General Manager at Elme Hall Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Hello and thank you for your kind review, we are glad our heavy investment has culminated in so many positive reviews of the new Lodge. Pleased that our location gave you an ideal base for touring the area during your extended stay.
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 16, 2014

we found the room well equipped and could easily accommodate an electric wheelchair the bathroom exceeded our expectation . with a full turning circle for wheelchair ..and loads of handrails...the staff were helpful ..I would stay here again

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
muguetu, Owner at Elme Hall Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thank you for taking time out to submit a review on your recent stay in one of our disabled bedrooms. As you are aware, the Lodge is a new facility and as such exceed the requirements under the DDA allowing easy access to the room and it's bathing facilities. We have various rooms suited to the particular needs of physically challenged guests located on the ground floor.
We look forward welcoming you again soon.
Herefordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 9, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed 5 nights at the Elme Hall Hotel with my soon to be 89 year old mother. The rooms were comfortable and the food was first class. The staff were extremely friendly and very caring towards my mother. I would certainly recommend this hotel

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
muguetu, Public Relations Manager at Elme Hall Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
We are so glad you had an enjoyable extended stay, I will pass on your compliemnts to the team
England
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Just a one night stay as we was meeting up for a family get together in nearby Outwell.
The guy at reception on arrival was very informative and very kindly showed us to our room which I thought was a nice touch. The room was ok although I wasn't very impressed with the lack of hot water for my morning shower, if I was staying another night I would have brought this to their attention but after a lovely cooked breakfast served by the very attentive restaurant staff all I really wanted to do is start my long journey home, in fact the breakfast was really nice with plenty of choice. The staff here are really good and made us really welcome. Would I stay again, just a maybe from me !!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
muguetu, Front Office Manager at Elme Hall Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thank you for your kind comments, I 's a great pity you never mentioned this problem to reception, as we could have had maintenance take a look and switch you to another room. Although we have not received a similar problem since you left, would you please advise either your name or room number so we can double icheck.
Glad you enjoyed our hospitality and your breakfast.

london
Reviewed April 24, 2014

The bad bits first, I booked 5 days on line, I thought that I was staying in a 3/4 star hotel at a reasonable price, in fact I was staying in a "travel lodge" in the grounds of an hotel at a not so reasonable price. noticing very few cars parked I enquired if all the hotel rooms were full? No but only our executive rooms are inside the hotel, at £20-00 more per night. all meals and facilities were in the hotel, not so bad except the night it was raining so a soaking before bed, great.
Another disconcerting matter was the group of large forign working chaps smoking and drinking on the step of the "lodge" each evening, they were in fact no trouble.
My room was quite large, clean and well appointed in a rather utility style but quiet and comfortable, it had a very small wall heater and the bathroom a bit small had no heating at all so smelt a bit damp but had a first class shower.
The Hotel is well appointed and well situated on the edge of town in pleasant gardens good parking and easy access, an excellent lounge and small but pleasant dining room the breakfasts were excellent, especially the sausages. I had 2 evening meals, good food nicely served, but not keen on the house red. All of the staff I met were charming and helpful I would have given 4-5 stars if I wasn't in the "lodge"

Room Tip: If you want a hotel room make sure you are not in "the Lodge"
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank bird72
muguetu, Front Office Manager at Elme Hall Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you for your kind review, we are always pleased to receive feedback both during and following a guest's stay with us.
I am unsure where your misunderstanding arose because as pointed out to you on your arrival and printed on your on-line confirmation, you clearly booked and paid for a budget room in our newly built lodge, there were executive rooms available in the main Hotel, but these are priced accordingly and generally more than the £68 per night B & B you had paid for a Lodge room. Perhaps due to budget constraints you did not take up this option.
I see you were found the group of "forign" [sic] chaps disconcerting, but all in all they were "in fact no trouble? So I don't know how we can deal with this, as the area here is the manufacturing headquarters for some very large multinationals and as such they have managers and staff from all over the globe visiting and staying at Elme Hall. Some in the executive and some in the Lodge rooms, dependant on their budget and status.
There is a gap of 10 metres between the Lodge and the main Hotel and brollies are provided at each building for inclement English weather.
Moving to the more positive parts of your stay, I am pleased you found your Lodge room, Large, Clean and well appointed, quiet and comfortable and had a first class shower. I suspect these are the main requirements of most guests. In additional you also enjoyed all other aspects of the main Hotel and general location.
We are pleased the meals served by our "charming & helpful staff" were of an acceptable standard. Incidentally, we do offer an extensive wine selection from our wine list.
In conclusion, I would recommend you perhaps stretch your budget a bit on your next visit to take up one of our executive rooms.
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

The room was satisfying
small cosy bar with friendly staff smartly dressed
the food was satisfying
I could here a creaky noise every now and then but apart from that overall a good nights stay.it would make a lovely wedding value as I was shown there ball room which is lovely

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank 1986lil
muguetu, Guest Relations Manager at Elme Hall Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Hello & thank you for posting your review, we are glad your stay was so enjoyable, it is nice to know that you found our choice of staff uniform pleasing. We pride ourselves on how we turn out our staff and facilities in an smart clean informal style without being over the top.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wisbech
The Rose and Crown Hotel
Dragonfly Hotel King's Lynn
#10 of 15 in King's Lynn
Best Western Plus Kings Lynn Knights Hill Hotel & Spa
The Oliver Cromwell Hotel

Been to Elme Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!