“A great place to stop”

Ranked #9 of 110 Restaurants in Wisbech
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 23, 2014

The Orchard Tea Room at Wisbech is a brilliant place to stop when travelling - especially if you have children. Just off the main road, but quiet, calm and beautiful. The cafe is charming, with good food, great facilities and views out over the orchard, and the farm shop is full of great locally grown fruit and veg at very reasonable prices. Service is excellent and friendly. We shall certainly be regular visitors.

3  Thank Chloe G

Reviewed April 14, 2014

I've been going to this tearoom for a while now and always felt welcome. That I can take my foster dogs in is a bonus. My present dog really loves it. I have lunch - usually beautifully made sandwiches with crisps and a salad garnish and sometimes with a slice of cake or a cheese scone. The log burner in cold weather is a welcome sight. The toilets are always clean. Afterwards a slow amble through the orchard part of which is, I believe, 100 years old.

3  Thank yvonne D
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

I would definitely recommend stopping here for tea & cake. Jim is always entertaining and the farm shop sells great fresh local veg. Guaranteed to brighten your day :)

1  Thank Ruth263
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Between Wisbech and Guyhirn you need to look for big black teapot signs near a roundabout. If you manage that then you can relax in a charming little cafe at the back of a farm shop. Overlooking beautiful apple orchards, which you can even sit amongst, weather allowing, it is a great place to relax. Service excellent. Attractive decor with old black and white photos of working life in the orchards. Unfornately we didn't have time to stop at eat but the food looked great, including nice cakes. This will now be our regular stop anytime we are travelling on the A47.

1  Thank Julie W
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I often stop by the orchard tea room as they are the only dog friendly cafe in the area that I have found so far.

Dogs are very welcome, and even allowed inside the main cafe area as long as they are well behaved.

Great coffee and cakes, which are all home made and very reasonably priced. I always receive a warm welcome from the owner, Jim.