“Lovely Tea Rooms run by a friendly family”

The Orchard Tea Room
Ranked #1 of 7 Coffee & Tea in Wisbech
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
England
“Lovely Tea Rooms run by a friendly family”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We often visit these tea rooms which are located at the back of the small farm shop. The afternoon teas are excellent value for money. The staff went out the way when we visited to celebrate our aunts 90th birthday, there was so much home made cake we couldnt eat it all and it was lovely.

You can take well behaved dogs in and walk around the orchards which are really pretty in the spring with all the blossom.

The owner is always helpful and asks us our opinion on our favorite cake, certainly value for money and enjoyable way to spend a hour or two.

• Visited February 2013

Yukon, Oklahoma
“We Received A "Sign"”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We were travelling West on A47 from our time in Norfolk. We saw a small sign along the road which alerted us to the presence of a tea room. As it was tea time, we took the unknown turn and found this little shop. We were greeted by Jim behind the counter and took some kindly teasing when he discovered we were from the States. The food we ordered was tea fare, but better still was the tea. It was served in lovely cups and saucers and pots and was hot and lovely. The tea room overlooked the recently budded orchard. As it was raining, we remained indoors. Soon, other local folk arrived and we were privileged to share conversation with these wonderful people. We send "greetings" to you now from Oklahoma. Hello to Maggie, June, Jim John as well. You were a high-point in our journey.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank GuitPicken61
Wisbech, United Kingdom
“Awful”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

As Wurzals was shut we decided to try the Orchard Tea rooms. First impressions weren't good as the restaurant smelt of stale cigarette smoke.
We were greeted by a man who took our orders. The first thing I noticed were his hands looked filthy with dirt under his finger nails.
We placed our order and it was brought through to the restaurant.
3 of our 5 meals were brought through after around 20 minutes and then the chap asked what my order was.. He'd forgotten I presume which didn't bode well considering my company were already eating theirs.
I found a hair in my coffee which put me off from finishing it.
Eventually my Ploughmans came out long after my company had finished their food. It was by far the most expensive thing on the menu so I expected it to be at least half decent. I could not have been more disappointed. A tiny little torpedo roll, a thin slice of cheddar, Red Leicester and Stilton (real thin) a tiny bit of salad, a sliced apple that had already gone brown and worst of all some rolled up cheap processed ham.
I put the little bit of cheddar into the tiny roll and had a mini sandwich and left the rest half out of disgust for the rip off and half because the ham looked disgusting.
Upon leaving we were told that the Ploughmans hadn't been paid for and we complained and received no apology just a shocked response.

I cannot explain enough how disappointing the food was. I will never go back not even if they paid me.

3 Thank CambsAndy85
Suffolk UK
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Home Made food and very welcoming hosts.”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

This Tea Room was a very pleasant surprise when looking for a refreshing cup of tea. The staff were extremely welcoming and the food fresh and home made. Tea in bone china cups and saucers added to a very pleasant break. The tea room was very clean (important to us) with an enjoyable view. A bit cold to take a walk, but hope to return at a later date to take advantage of this.

• Visited November 2012
“Wonderful farm shop and tea rooms”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

If you're travelling to or from East Anglia / Norfolk, this is the place to stop off at for a relaxing pot of tea or coffee and a freshly prepared snack. The tea rooms are very nicely laid out, and you can sit outside in the sun enjoying the view of the beautiful orchard. What is more, you can take your dog for a walk in the orchard - much better than a dismal walk at the roadside. You can also buy wonderfully fresh farm produce. Highly recommended. We will always use this as our stop off when travelling to / from Norfolk from now on!

• Visited September 2012