“A lucky find”

Description: Elm High Road, PE14 0DH
Gravesend, United Kingdom
“A lucky find”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We went to the Blacksmiths Arms for dinner on the night after visiting The Elm Tree Inn and it was altogether a more pleasant experience. Not their busiest of nights but very friendly helpful staff. A large part of their menu is steaks, but there is enough choice to keep most people happy.
My wife and I both had a mushroom dish to start, she had breaded mushrooms and I had a stuffed portobello mushroom. Both very tasty and well cooked. We both followed up with cod and chips, again well cooked in an excellent batter. I finished with a plum crumble which was a really good way to finish a very pleasant meal.
There was a choice of excellent beers and ciders and a limited, but very fairly priced wine list. The whole meal was good value and we wil;l return.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank welshtraveller42

cambs
“birthday meal”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

we went on 12 october a sat evening for my daughters 18th. it was quite busy when we arrived but was sat down straight away. the food was excellent and well presented also the staff were smart and friendly. good selection of ales on and well kept. the whole place was spotless we will be going back.

• Visited October 2013
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Great place to chill out”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Great food, nothing was too much touble, the resturant looks spotless & tastefully decorated. Breakfast was supurb, would definately recommend a visit. Will definately return next time I'm in Wisbech

• Visited September 2013
Daventry, United Kingdom
“Pleasant place for both eating and drinking”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We called in to this pub for an evening drink whilst staying at a nearby hotel. There is a good selection of drinks inlcuding 2-3 hand-pull ales. The actual bar seating area is not huge as a large part of the pub is taken with dining tables however there is ample seating for around a dozen people. We did not eat there but saw meals coming out and they looked very good. Nice selection on the menu board and a v ery reasonable price. If we are in the area again would certainly consider eating there.

Visited September 2013
Huntingdon and Peterborough, null, United Kingdom
“best place around here to eat”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

went here tonight for our wedding anniversary meal, we have been here a few times but my husband said tonight was the best bit of steak he has ever eaten out.best onion rings around.
staff are always helpful and polite. it is always clean and tidy. very lovely place to eat. i see people say it is expensive well you get what you pay for and we always go here as we know we will always get a lovely meal.
Tina the owner is a star i had my knee replaced and needed to put my leg up she got me a stool to help me out. and thankyou ever such a welcoming place

• Visited September 2013