“Flipping chiptastic!”

Jolly Fryer
Ranked #2 of 108 Restaurants in Wisbech
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Jolly Fryer. Address: 22 North End, Wisbech, PE13 1PE Telephone: 0871 0756900.
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Whether you have takeaway or eat in their restaurant, the food is excellent. Cod, haddock, sausages, scampi and chips all excellent. Very fast service in the restaurant, I have always waited a maximum of 5 minutes after ordering. Freshly cooked, delicious and tasty. Good value and consistent quality. Very clean in the cooking area, you often see the girls mopping and washing down. A good sign.

I am slightly annoyed by the Malvern reviewer who queried our lack of taste for the exotic. What does he want in a fish and chip shop?! The best around.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Recommended to us. Nothing at all to dislike. Food great. Service great. No telly or music, great. Sit in and take away. Long queue, always a good sign.

Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

My family and I went out to the J.F. on 25 January for evening meals.
We were seated straight away. Staff were taking our order within 5 minutes.
2 of us had cod and chips, 1 pie and chips and southern fried chicken and chips a side of beans and mushy peas, 2 cans of drink and a pot of tea for 2 - £25 the lot.
Got to admit the Jolly is the best F&C shop around here.
We don't always have this type of food but on our travels to nearby Asda, we've never seen the place empty!
I would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

I agree with other reviewers that the fish and chips were fresh and well cooked. I had Haddock and chips, a cup of tea and a bread roll, which was good and well priced at around £8. Having spent some time up in West Yorkshire I have been used to some excellent fish and chip restaurants which produced far more tasty fish, possibly due to it being cooked in dripping rather than oil. I can only imagine that the local people do not have much of an appetite for exotic food. Notwithstanding that, it was a nice way to spend half an hour on a rainy day.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We used this fish restaurant 4th jan were we again enjoyed a lovely meal. the staff are very polite and helpful. People drive from other towns just to sample another lovely fish supper. the food is cooked to perfection and is always freshly cooked and hot, the restaurant and shop are lovely and clean the atmosphere is very nice to be in . this is a place that you need to try to appreciate the great meal of fish and chips

1  Thank Linda C