“Superb”

Jolly Fryer
Ranked #2 of 108 Restaurants in Wisbech
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Jolly Fryer. Address: 22 North End, Wisbech, PE13 1PE Telephone: 0871 0756900.
Reviewed November 27, 2013

My wife and I have been in the cafe section twice now. It truly is great. Service is fast and friendly, the food is superb and the value is second to none. Massive portions, good quality food. Can recommend highly enough

Reviewed November 23, 2013

I ate here (indoors) for the first time the other week, as my mum and dad go on a weekly basis and love it.

I ordered half a portion of chips, fish, mushy peas and a bread roll.

The food came to us within ten minutes and the serving was huge, such great value for money.

As I pulled the fish apart you could tell that the quality of it was only the best.

For taking away I'm always reluctant as they serve the chips in polystyrene tubs, which I find by the time you get them home they go soggy.

But to eat in it was delicious!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I have never written a review on a take away before but I feel that this genuinely deserves some kudos.

Without doubt the best fish and chips I have ever had. There are numerous fish and chip establishments in the area, this is the only one that always has a queue of people waiting to be served.In fact sometimes the queue goes around the shop and outside the door.

What is also very nice is that they have a proper dining area as well which is accessed from the main shop via three steps.The only issue here is that if you are a wheel chair user and cant use your legs you may not be able to get into the restaurant.

I would also add that the premises are super clean, the whole of the cooking area is on display so you can see everything.

The staff are friendly and polite and well presented which is also good to see.

The fish is perfectly cooked.Nice crunchy batter and fresh fish underneath. I always have the haddock,firm flesh and just very nice indeed.

The chips are cooked to perfection with the right amount of crunch and soft and fluffy in the middle.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We have been here many times on our visits to Wisbech and the quality is always excellent. Service in the café is extremely fast and the staff are pleasant.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

me and my wfe had a meal at the jolly fryer wisbech cambs it was the best fish and chips that we have had for many years with very good staff it was a treat to eat