“Fantastic food and friendly atmosphere”
Review of Crown Inn

Crown Inn
Ranked #36 of 86 Restaurants in St. Neots
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 1, 2013

The food here is spot and i have enjoyed two meals here now. The satay chicken is amazing and probably one of the best i have tasted, the steaks are very good quality and will please any steak lover. One of the few places that knows how to pour a guinness which is always a bonus...check it out you will love it :-)

Reviewed December 16, 2012

This pub is beautiful atmospheric and the food is delicious. They also have a decent selection of real ales and wine!

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We went on a Friday evening and it was quite busy. The service was good, although the waitress was a little ditzy?! She was very polite and helpful though. We had a nice relaxed meal and were not rushed through it as so often happens in restaurants.

The menu was very good with a great selection to suit all tastes. The prices are average for the area and the surroundings are very comfortable.

Really nice choice for a good meal and a pleasant restaurant.

Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

I visited this pub for Sunday lunch with 5 other friends. We should have known that things would not be going well when it took 10 mins for anyone to even acknowledge our presence at our table let alone take our drinks order. When we finally did get to order, each course took a long time to be served. Starters were either cold and had to be sent back or luke warm (the camembert was not fully melted, hence the title). The main courses were just OK. I had the barbecue chicken which was slightly over cooked and very salty.
From the looks of things, there were not enough waiting staff and we were not the only table to receive this substandard service. I would expect Sunday to be a busy day for most pubs so the lack of staff was surprising to me.
We were all so disappointed that we didn't bother having dessert. None of my party will be returning nor would we recommend the place to anyone else.

Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear Emma_Frost,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review, we are sorry to hear that you did not receive the type of experience we would expect. Your feedback has been passed to our management team for investigation.

We have also sent you a direct message to discuss your comments further.

Regards
Chef & Brewer

Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

I visited this location with friends the night before we all went on holiday. I can only thank god that our holiday was nothing like this place! We were sat promptly and then forgotten about for sometime no matter how much waving at staff we did. Drinks took an age to come as did the starters. My starter was cold and was sent back only to come out looking very different to the first one I had. My friends starter was awful. The main courses were equally awful and disappointing. The "waiter" insisted on calling us Madame and sir when speaking with us which was very annoying. A simple friendly hello/can I take your order would have done. I can fully recommend that if you are thinking of coming here to choose somewhere else. Very disappointing.