“Avoid at all costs!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I have been staying at the premier inn at St Neots Eaton Socon for a week and thought I would eat a few times at the Brewers Fayre that was more or less round the corner. Whilst on my dinner hour from a training course , We went to the brewers fayre and places an order for jacket potatoes with beans/cheese and salad. 50 minutes past and there was still no sign of our meals. We were due back to site at 1:20pm and it was around 12:20pm when we ordered. As time was approaching 1:15pm we were still looking out for when our food was coming until finally coming to a decision it was time to head back so we weren't late. As we stood up to put on our coats , out came our food with a confused look from the waiter which was the same person working behind the bar. We said we had to go and to be fair , he said "Oh,okay I'll get you a refund." However he didn't even question why we looked so annoyed? We got our refund and thought 'Oh well , we'll go back for tea as we will be starving by then!' Off we went back to the brewers fayre at the end of the day around 4:30pm. I ordered a half roast chicken with chips and coleslaw and a friend ordered a baguette. Ordering at the same time , my food came 10 minutes after ordering. I was quite pleased with this but my friends food came 20 minutes later when I had finished. I couldn't understand why half a roast chicken took quicker than a patatoe??!! We went away fairly happy apart from the amount of time my friend had to wait for her baguette. The next day we were out quicker for lunch and had a full hour so we decided that we would go back to the brewers fayre and order quick sandwiches. This was a big mistake. I ordered a chicken club sandwich and my friend ordered a bbq baguette again , the same meal she had the night before. We waited a ridiculous 55 minutes for our food and when it did finally come out with 10 minutes to spare , it was taken to the wrong table and one dish must have been what somebody ordered..This happened to be mine! My friends meal was taken back into the kitchen and the waiter didn't even question why she had brought 2 meals out by only give 1 out?? Before we could get up and confront the couple that the meals were ours , she had bitten into my sandwich and her children were helping themselves to my chips! This left the other meal unclaimed and left to go cold in the kitchen? We went back to the bar and explained and they came back and said we will give you a refund. OK , I WILL HAVE MY REFUND BUT WHY AREN'T YOU EXPLAINING YOUR MISTAKES?! The man at the bar shouted the 'manager' who was terrible at her job it seems. She came over , never even smiled at us or explainer nor apologised , swiped her 'authoriy' card and cleared off back into the kitchen ...It seems she was the chef??!!!!! What kind of customer service skills have they been trained at here? I would never go back their again and thank god I am only here for 1 week!!!! Kfc for me , least I get my food there!!!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Arriving at this "Restaurant" at about 7.00 pm I realised that there had been a cheap menu deal.
Although the Cheap menu had finished, the families were still in abundance with young children roaming around unsupervised.
The Wednesday special on the buffet bar that was available until 9.00 pm had been devastated and there would be little or no replacement.
On finding a table, the service was helpful and pleasant, however it was necessary to pick up used cutlery off the floor. The meal arrived. not bad for the type of venue it is. I found i was unable to relax when other peoples children were running around the tables, playing tag.
The families gradually left, leaving the area used very poor . No effort to leave tables tidy, plates, cutlery & food covering the tables and also the floor.
There was no attempt to tidy the areas, however the staff all appeared to be busy.
I could not wait to leave.
Would I go back?
Maybe - but not early evening!

1  Thank 2012today
Reviewed October 16, 2013

we have eaten here several times both as a couple and as a family and what you see is what you get good pub food served by pleasant and helpful staff

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I was not familiar with the Brewers Fayre chain of restaurants and how they operated.
I found the staff very friendly and helpful. They took great care in explaining what I needed to know about the food and drink options. Attention was paid to how I wanted my steak cooked.
The meal I received was of adequate portion and cooked to expectation.
I was able to continue my trip without feeling under or over fed.
I noted it was an ideal restaurant to take the family, as many did.
There was plenty of parking available

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I eat here pretty regularly as I have to travel to St Neots most weeks and this is the sort of place you know where you are with and what to expect. The staff are friendly, helpful and polite - Andy the duty manager in particular is great.

The food here is not haute cuisine, it's a good value take on British pub grub. The menu has recently been revamped and seems to be proving popular, as it certainly seems busier lately. However, the best thing by far is the all you can eat themed buffet on offer every night; Monday is Chinese; Tuesday is Italian; Wednesday is burgers & hot dogs; Thursday is curry night, Friday is chip shop night; Saturday is chicken feast and Sunday is a good old fashioned carvery.
Everything from the main menu comes up hot and with generous portions. I've never managed a dessert!

Due to the fact that there's nothing similar nearby you might expect a certain complacency to have kicked in but that's definitely not the case. In short well worth a visit in my opinion and it's my first choice for a decent value dinner when I'm in St Neots / Eaton Socon.