“Valentines Meal”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Valentines Meal”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Had a fantastic meal on Valentines evening. Never been to the restaurant before but had heard great things! The food was lovely and very well presented, really impressed with the quality and selection of food available. A very laid back, relaxed atmosphere and excellent service. Only a small restaurant with just 8 tables so you need to book!! Will definitely go again, next time to try the Sunday lunch.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Katie S

St. Neots, United Kingdom
“fantastic food every time”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

So far this place has been a hit every time. Food is real quality with superbly tender steaks, delicious side dishes, especially the mushrooms or chips. The service is always friendly and atmosphere is perfect. If you are looking for a small place with a private and intimate setting then this would be it. Ideal if you are looking to avoid noisy, busy, chaotic, dining as this has always been chilled out, sophisticated and quiet. Although I'm sure children are welcome I am yet to see one there.

1 Thank Mary W
“Fantastic meal!!”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I ordered from the christmas menu. we had 3 courses and enjoyed it all. Ribeye steak was cooked to perfection. My partner had the turkey and loved every mouthful!
Desserts we shared as we could.t make our minds up. Choc pot was my favourite but sticky toffee was very yummy aswell. We willbe returning in the new year. Service was fantastic aswell!

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Not so good this time”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I''ve been to the Grill Room several times before (see my previous glowing review) and have always been impressed by the food - until now. Most recently we went for a Christmas dinner with a group of friends and I have to say that some of us were much less impressed this time. The broth was too salty to eat, the game pie was disappointingly dry and chewy, the steaks were OK but served without a sauce (why?) and even the sticky toffee pudding was a bit of a letdown. I really, really hope this experience was just a one-off because I was genuinely surprised that the meal was so far inferior to the others I have enjoyed there over the last year. I will give The Grill Room another go in the future, hoping that this 'blip' has something to do with the Christmas menu and doesn't mean this very promising restaurant has changed forever.

“A great night..”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Had a Christmas meal here with 20 people last night, could not fault the food or service. I had the game pie, it was fantastic! The overall night was brilliant and we will be back very soon. Keep up the good work, this is what good is all about!