“Wonderful Restaurant”

Sycamore House
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 3, 2011

My partner and I have eaten at this restaurant twice now and each time has been fantastic. The food and hospitality are excellent. The restaurant is not open every evening and they only open for a few hours, starting at 7:30. Reservations are essential. The menu options are limited but there is still plenty of choice and it means that everything is cooked to perfection. It's not really like dining in a restaurant but more like going to a dinner party with friends in their home. The ambiance is very intimate and I highly recommend it. The price of wine and even champagne is very reasonable; the NV champagne is not much more that you would pay in a supermarket.

5  Thank whc23

Reviewed April 4, 2009

I took my wife here as part of a surprise weekend for her birthday. This is a very small restaurant, so it's rather like sitting in somebody's house - a really nice change from the norm. We were received warmly and were looked after well all evening. The menu had a number of unusual options, which were delicious. we spent the whole evening there and did not feel under any pressure to leave. It was a lovely evening, and a great start to our weekend.

3  Thank Dave341