“Great value for money”

Oliver Twist Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Guyhirn B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stayed over one night en-route to the East coast.Accommodation is first class in a separate block adjoining the hotel.Comfortable quiet bedroom and spacious bathroom with power shower in adjacent wetroom.We had an excellent meal in the bar although a separate restaurant area is available.All the meats and vegetables are sourced locally and we felt our meal was excellent value for money.A great full English sent us on our way the following morning.All in all we were delighted with the welcome we received and wouldn't hesitate to do something similar in the future.

Room Tip: We found the "wetroom" rooms were to our liking.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We celebrated my daughters 30th birthday here the food was fantastic with a
Wide range of choice, nothing was too much trouble for the friendly staff here
And we had great service a great choice of venue for any occasion. Have since
Been back and had there Sunday roast which is second to none

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LindaP431
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We popped in for a late roast dinner on Sunday evening, the lady who served us was really nice. The food arrived quickly and was all really good quality. My partner had some homemade corned beef for starters, I've not seen this on a menu before, but it tasted delicious.

We would definitely visit again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
john s, Owner at Oliver Twist Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

thanks for your comments, we are glad that you enjoyed yourselves and look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I didn't sleep here...just came for dinner with a friend. It was her decision to come here as it was close to her home etc. I know most if not all pubs have food that is not exactly fresh. I was hoping to at least get something edible. And yes it was edible. I ordered the chicken breast with bacon bits in stilton sauce and spinach. It came with veg. My friend got a steak with onion rings. The chicken was ok...a little salty (processed tasting)...I liked the sauce. But...the spinach was just gross...it tasted like it came from a can. I ordered desert knowing that the chocolate cake was one that they order in which I thought could be a good thing in this case. I asked for a scoop of vanilla ice cream with it to add flavor/moistness if necessary. Cake was ok but not good..ice cream was very bad so I didn't eat it. I tasted my friends onion rings....very bad also. The veg was fine as were the fries or chips as they call them. My friend enjoyed her meal thoroughly . But, she doesn't get out much lol. The staff was very friendly and sitting by the fire was nice on a cold night. I did leave very full and I have tasted worse food, but I wouldn't return if given the chance.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

i am surprised about your comments about your meal as on the night you commented to the
staff how nice everything was, on more than one occasion, this would have been a lot more helpful
if you had mentioned your points on the evening.
your friend also asked us if we would do take away meals and left her number with one of the girls behind the bar, she was that happy!!!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Visited this pub with friends on a sunday afternoon. Had a lovely Sunday roast dinner. The food and service were outstanding, went away very content and very full! Catered for young children, what a lovely place to spend the afternoon with family and friends!! Thank you very much!!

• Stayed: November 2012
john s, Owner at Oliver Twist Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Thank you very much for your review and we are happy to here that you enjoyed our offerings,
hope to see you at the oliver twist again soon

Reviewed October 2, 2012

There were just two of us, on our way back to London, who came upon this pub one evening after visiting relatives. Even though it was late and they could easily have refused to cook for us, they were most welcoming and served delicious food. I especially liked the great selection of fresh vegetables that came with the chicken I ordered. I think the Oliver Twist is well worth a visit and will go back there next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stopped off at Oliver Twists on the way back from Norfolk as it's about halfway home and we fancied a bit of lunch and needed to stretch our legs etc. It was a quiet monday lunchtime so the pub was empty when we arrived but did fill up during the hour or so we were there. We stuck with the sandwiches menu and i had the croque monsieur with chips and salad and my wife had the steak sandwich with a side of chips. Both meals were really good, well cooked and generous and the chips good too. Service was efficient and friendly and we'd happily return in future, when we're passing. It's easy to miss this place from the A47 but well worth stopping in.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MGE1875
Also consider these accommodations in or near Guyhirn
Elme Hall Hotel
The Pearl Hotel
The Pearl Hotel
#1 of 27 in Peterborough
The Old Vicarage Bed and Breakfast

Been to Oliver Twist Country Inn? Share your experiences!