“a birthday treat and what a treat”

Andre Garrett at Cliveden
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Taplow
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: The André Garrett Dining Room was originally the Drawing Room of the house and is a stunning south-facing spacious room which radiates with sunlight and looks out over the nineteenth-century Parterre, the gardens and River Thames. Its classical elegance and fine works of art give it an enviable touch of romance, and bring the history for which Cliveden is famous to life. Lunch and dinner are served here, offering classic English dishes combined with Cliveden's extensive cellar book. At lunchtimes, chose from the Market menu which offers tremendous value or from the more extensive a la carte selection. At dinner, enjoy award-winning modern classic English cuisine with dishes brimming with fresh seasonal ingredients and local produce. Please note, jeans or sportswear are not permitted at any time. Gentlemen are required to wear a jacket for dinner.
Thruxton, United Kingdom
“a birthday treat and what a treat”
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

We were staying at Cliveden House for the night to celebrate a family birthday but the real object was to have dinner chez Andrew Garrett. It was absolutely perfect. I shall save up for a year or two so that we can go again.

Visited February 2014

Beaconsfield, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food and a lovely evening”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

we had a really enjoyable meal at the restaurant. The food was excellent although the menus choices are limited if you prefer steak or chicken.
The desserts were exceptional and the dessert wine pairing was superb particularly the cold apple cider that went with the apple dessert.
The only slight negatives were that the restaurant was a bit cold - we sat in a window alcove and it was quite draughty so ladies should wear trousers !! and the staff seemed quite nervous and juts needed to relax a bit more.
that said we will definitely be going back again as we had a lovely time.

• Visited January 2014
San Francisco, California
“Just Perfect”
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

Had a birthday dinner. Food and service were excellent! Everything tasted sooo nice. The service and the ambiance were just right. I would recommend this restaurant for anyone who wants lovely food, a very comfortable environment and something just a bit special. BTW, the best Dover Sole and Fillet of Beef for a very long time! Just perfect. Thank you!

1 Thank NatalieDrew42
London, United Kingdom
“Jawdropping location, excellent service, average afternoon tea”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We visited Cliveden house late in January for afternoon tea. First impressions count, and Cliveden House does not disappoint. In fact, I think the exact words that accidentally fell out of my mouth were ‘I want to get married here’. Service is impeccable from start to finish, from the moment the car stopped at the front of the house to when the taxi drove us away.

The afternoon tea was a fantastic experience, the room it was held in was steeped in history and right out of Jane Austen with burning fire and views over the grounds. Service was amazing, although I did feel a little overly waited on – I’m not so privileged that I would be offended to pour my own tea throughout the meal!

The food itself looked very pretty and there were some things that I enjoyed a lot, such as the fruit tart and the chocolate éclair but generally I found it a little uninspiring and very ‘standard afternoon tea fare’ which I’m sure some people love! Its very traditional in the sandwich fillings through to the scones and I personally prefer my afternoon teas a little more inventive than cucumber sandwiches. Having said that, it matched the surroundings.

Ooh and they have vegetarian options!

• Visited January 2014
Marlow
“Spring Cottage”
Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

We had a most enjoyable overnight that abounded in aesthetic and social gratification of the highest order. Spring Cottage comfortably sleeps six and is well equipped. We chose to cook but dinner can be taken at the main House. It is the perfect get-away and a treat to have such privacy and peace though this may not be the case when the National Trust grounds are open to the public.